HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Anyone Know Why Republica...

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 09:47 AM

Anyone Know Why Republicans Are So EVIL? I Can't Believe These People

And what makes them happy. Ripping children from the arms of violence fleeing, asylum seeking mothers.

11 replies, 659 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 11 replies Author Time Post
Reply Anyone Know Why Republicans Are So EVIL? I Can't Believe These People (Original post)
PaulX2 Jun 2018 OP
muntrv Jun 2018 #1
unblock Jun 2018 #2
rainin Jun 2018 #3
AmandaRuth Jun 2018 #4
get the red out Jun 2018 #6
Orsino Jun 2018 #5
Phoenix61 Jun 2018 #7
Mariana Jun 2018 #11
CanonRay Jun 2018 #8
haele Jun 2018 #9
cilla4progress Jun 2018 #10

Response to PaulX2 (Original post)

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 09:48 AM

1. They want anyone not like them to suffer.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 09:48 AM

2. brainwashing.

Reply to this post

Response to unblock (Reply #2)

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 09:50 AM

3. Yep

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 09:50 AM

4. i truly believe that a lot of R's

are acting out, as they, as a group (white people) see themselves as losing power and privilege. Angry scared people pray on each other, but especially weaker groups.

Reply to this post

Response to AmandaRuth (Reply #4)

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 09:56 AM

6. I agree with you

Demographic change terrifies a lot of white people.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 09:54 AM

5. Because of who bankrolls their campaigns, and because of whom they have to pander to.

Big Money makes them dismantle regulations, the environment and the social safety net. To preserve the illusion of majorities, they have to seduce the worst among us with promises to oppress women and minorities.

That's pretty much it.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 09:57 AM

7. They don't see it that way at all

Those are bad parents who broke the law with their children in tow. The good white, Christian people at the centers will give those poor children much better care. Look at what they did to Native American children. They've done this before. They have practiced and have been waiting to do it again.

Reply to this post

Response to Phoenix61 (Reply #7)

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 10:35 AM

11. Exactly.

I've even heard that the parents are using the children as "human shields" because they think they'll have a better chance of being allowed to stay if they have children with them.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 10:14 AM

8. If they ever find a excuse to do it to us

they will do it without a second thought. What they feel for immigrants is love compared to what they feel about liberals.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 10:16 AM

9. They are terrified of the outside world. They'll do anything to keep in their safe bubble.

The devil in the GOP is ego - fueled by the fear of not being "right" or secure in their hierarchy. As long as they can dehumanize or look down on anyone else they don't know personally, they're comfortable being the good little Nazi.

The modern "Evangelical" Abrahamic-based philosophy - from the fundamentalist religiosity to Libertarianism (which claims to be atheist but is more a "I found Church/Temple boring and no one can make me follow the Golden Rule and the Beatitudes" attitude) to rich WASP culture Supremacy, is all about living comfortably a very small hierarchal world - in a series of little enclaves like a large zoo where a few can strut around and be the clan or troop alphas in their well-appointed pens.

To the fearful, any deviation from the norm, from the familiar MUST BE DESTROYED with prejudice, lest there be any question in their minds that maybe they aren't always right or deserve to be in control of the world outside their immediate lives.
These people need to ensure that they aren't responsible in any way for anything "bad" that might happens to them - that it's always someone else's fault or maybe it's just been a bit of a mistake or a test of faith and the world really does still begins and ends with them - those small groups of fearfully small-minded, self-entitled people trying to maintain their little snow globe realities against the rest of universe.

On edit - the ironic part of this they don't understand is that the logical ending for their fearful blindness is that as they get rid of their "enemies", the list continues to grow, as they start adding erstwhile allies to the groups they need to be afraid of. They will end up destroying everyone and everything, including themselves, in their overwhelming panic to cling to their prideful delusions and avoid facing reality as their situations grow worse and worse. They would rather see the world burn in agony than admit they're not in control or could be wrong.

Haele

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 10:28 AM

10. Mind

fucked.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread