HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » So what's going to be in ...

Thu Jun 14, 2018, 09:42 AM

So what's going to be in the IG report and how will it affect things?

I expect it to be impartial, as the IG in an agency like the FBI tends to be.

But what’s going to be in it, and how is this going to bolster Trumps attacks on attempts to hold him accountable, or how is it going to help with showing the handling of the investigation and the public announcements resulting in harming Clinton’s campaign and the FBI may have essentially handed the election to Trump?

And predictions?

My guess is it’s going to show some people had judgements to make that could have been defended either way and made them at least partially shaded by the belief Hillary would win. Not illegal, and it happens at all levels of government all the time when there are two courses of action both legal but you want to do the one your boss or future boss will prefer.

Trump will spin those as “deep state” against him.

And it’s going to show Comey was more concerned about his public perception and his reputation only only so we went ahead with his public announcements against DOJ policy, not giving a damm about how it influenced the electorate but only caring about how it made the public feel about him (they will say “The Agency” but it’s all about him in reality). He assumed Hillary had it in the bag so went out of his way to be critical of her, way in excess of policy for handling that kind of investigation, to try and look like he didn’t cover for her to help her win because all that mattered was what people were to think of him after the election. And he ended up screwing the nation out of his personal vanity.

Those are my predictions anyway.

1 replies, 343 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply So what's going to be in the IG report and how will it affect things? (Original post)
Lee-Lee Jun 14 OP
DonViejo Jun 14 #1

Reply to this thread