HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » He was fired after he too...

Tue Jun 12, 2018, 07:32 PM

He was fired after he took a knee to fight white supremacy. Welcome to Trump's America !

Eugene Gu is the guy whose answer to Trump I posted.

I took a knee to fight white supremacy after I was attacked at Vanderbilt hospital by a white supremacist. It is absolutely unconscionable for Vanderbilt to fire me for peacefully protesting against racism.

This is the Twitter account of the person who racially and physically assaulted me in the Vanderbilt hospital parking garage. Vanderbilt tries to deny any racial assault occurred despite surveillance video showing this man stalked me up nine flights of stairs.

9 replies, 1218 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply He was fired after he took a knee to fight white supremacy. Welcome to Trump's America ! (Original post)
syringis Jun 12 OP
oberliner Jun 12 #1
syringis Jun 12 #3
oberliner Jun 12 #4
syringis Jun 12 #5
oberliner Jun 12 #6
mythology Jun 12 #9
dlk Jun 12 #2
GulfCoast66 Jun 12 #7
Amaryllis Jun 12 #8

Response to syringis (Original post)

Tue Jun 12, 2018, 07:36 PM

1. VUMC Statement About Surgery Resident's Concerns

Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) customarily declines comment on individual personnel matters.

However, VUMC wishes to emphasize several points to address allegations in recent news articles and on social media made by Dr. Eugene Gu, a third-year surgery resident at VUMC.

Dr. Guís repeated assertions that he was disciplined, or that his residency program contract was not renewed, because of his political or social views are simply untrue. Dr. Guís public opposition to President Trump, participation in litigation against President Trump and public advocacy against racism were not the bases for decisions relating to his continued participation in VUMCís surgery residency program.

https://vanderbilthealth.com/main/52821

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to syringis (Reply #3)

Tue Jun 12, 2018, 07:46 PM

4. Understood

Just wanted to put the statement out there.

Reply to this post

Response to oberliner (Reply #4)

Tue Jun 12, 2018, 07:48 PM

5. You did great

Thank you.

Reply to this post

Response to syringis (Reply #5)

Tue Jun 12, 2018, 07:53 PM

6. Thanks

The more information the better.

Reply to this post

Response to syringis (Reply #3)

Tue Jun 12, 2018, 09:23 PM

9. Putting up patient information on social media without permission is pretty dumb

I work in the medical industry and would never put anything even potentially revealing about a patient online.

Yes he didn't name names, but he did put enough information out there that somebody could have traced it back to a specific patient.

Also posting bad things about your boss online or saying things about them while testifying on an unrelated matter, also great ways to get fired.

I'm not saying that his public profile on racism did or did not play a part, but even his own account, I see at least 3 things that would get most people fired between the patient data, the trashing his employer online and then trashing his employer while testifying about his research.

Also throwing your employer under the bus, not a great way to get another job. Would you trust this guy to not say similar things about you? I wouldn't at this point.

Reply to this post

Response to syringis (Original post)

Tue Jun 12, 2018, 07:42 PM

2. Vanderbilt is in the South...

Reply to this post

Response to dlk (Reply #2)

Tue Jun 12, 2018, 08:17 PM

7. So is the Southern Poverty Law Center

Trump is a yankee.

Your point?