HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I just realized (sorry if...

Sat Aug 4, 2012, 12:12 AM

I just realized (sorry if you all already did)...

not only did Romney personally avoid taxes by using foreign tax havens....
but his business developed and encouraged other Americans to also avoid taxes using the entities that Romney's firm created....

so can we attribute not only his own tax avoidance but the tax avoidance of all his customers to Romney?

4 replies, 1348 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply I just realized (sorry if you all already did)... (Original post)
Fresh_Start Aug 2012 OP
NYC_SKP Aug 2012 #1
emilyg Aug 2012 #2
patrice Aug 2012 #3
grantcart Aug 2012 #4

Response to Fresh_Start (Original post)

Sat Aug 4, 2012, 12:19 AM

1. People with money help people with money avoid paying taxes to make more money.

It translates into people with money using money to make laws that make it possible to make more money just for making more money...

...and making people who make less money pay a greater share, because it's the only way.

You cannot have a super wealthy class with ever growing wealth unless they're taking it away from everyone else.

And there are congress critters and accountants and bankers who help them with this, and it's legal!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to NYC_SKP (Reply #1)

Sat Aug 4, 2012, 12:21 AM

2. Many congress critters do the same.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 4, 2012, 12:31 AM

3. People should also consider that all of that money in FOREIGN banks is not just

deposited there, the way we peons do with our paltry sums here in American banks. It's invested in specifically designed financial instruments of various kinds. That is, the money that we Americans made possible is encumbered with various conditions and obligations, so it's not just a simple matter or moving it back into domestic banks (that is IF there even is such a thing as an American bank anymore).

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 4, 2012, 12:52 AM

4. Actually the whole point of atleast some of the Cayman Island holding accounts was not for him to

acoid taxes but to create an investment stop gap for foreign investors to be able to invest in companies in the US and help them avoid US taxes.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread