HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Nigerian senator invites ...

Sat May 5, 2018, 06:15 AM

Nigerian senator invites Kanye West to visit African slave ports: 'Experience the choices in chains'

“If @kanyewest thinks Slavery was a choice, we will offer him a free ticket & tour guide to visit slave routes and camps in Badagry Lagos, Ouida Benin Republic, Ghana & Goree Island in Senegal to ‘experience the choices in chains’. Kanye defecated on the graves of victims,” Sani tweeted.

In the wake of the mounting uproar, West dialed back his comments just a little.

“[To] make myself clear. Of course I know that slaves did not get shackled and put on a boat by free will,” West tweeted. “My point is for us to have stayed in that position even though the numbers were on our side means that we were mentally enslaved.”

[link:http://deadstate.org/nigerian-senator-invites-kanye-west-to-visit-african-slave-ports-experience-the-choices-in-chains/|

1 replies, 573 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Nigerian senator invites Kanye West to visit African slave ports: 'Experience the choices in chains' (Original post)
Soph0571 May 2018 OP
Blue_Adept May 2018 #1

Response to Soph0571 (Original post)

Sat May 5, 2018, 06:25 AM

1. Are there any good films or dramatic series focusing on this?

The closest that I can remember in recent memory is the brief opening in American Gods with one of the early episodes.

Most film and TV focus on the time before the Civil War or the war itself. I'd love to try and learn more, as rough as it would be, about the Nigerian side through a drama.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread