HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Another "I'm sorry you mi...

Mon Apr 16, 2018, 10:30 AM

Another "I'm sorry you misunderstood" apology..............

this time from the governor of Kentucky.

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-nation/2018/04/15/Kentucky-s-governor-apologizes-for-suggesting-kids-were-sexually-assaulted-while-teachers-protested/stories/201804150179

Notice it was not, "I really made a stupid, mean, idiotic comment and I'm sorry that so many people think I'm an idiot for having said it."

5 replies, 869 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Another "I'm sorry you misunderstood" apology.............. (Original post)
MyOwnPeace Apr 16 OP
Angry Dragon Apr 16 #1
Proud Liberal Dem Apr 16 #2
unblock Apr 16 #3
OldHippieChick Apr 16 #4
gratuitous Apr 16 #5

Response to MyOwnPeace (Original post)

Mon Apr 16, 2018, 10:34 AM

1. Republican apology

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Apr 16, 2018, 10:34 AM

2. It's ironic

that, for as much as Republicans are often lauded for "telling it like it is", it seems like, whenever one of their trash-talking comments gets them in trouble, they furiously spin it around to where they've been "misunderstood" or "taken out of context". It would be more honest for them to just say that they f**ked up, but they don't do the whole "responsibility" thing much either.

Reply to this post

Response to Proud Liberal Dem (Reply #2)

Mon Apr 16, 2018, 10:41 AM

3. "telling it like it is" is just another lie they use to justify spouting bigotry.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 16, 2018, 10:46 AM

4. He says he's sorry if anyone

misunderstood what he was trying to say, but does not go on to explain what he was trying to say. In other words, he said exactly what he meant and no one misunderstood. Does he think we are idiots?

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 16, 2018, 11:27 AM

5. Curious, innit?

Teachers go on strike, and Republicans have no problem claiming that any kid who has a mishap while the teachers are out is directly the fault of the teachers. Republicans cut budgets, people die hungry and homeless, and it's "Hey, don't blame us if some moochers got their tickets punched. It's horrible that you would even imply such a thing!" More horrible than people dying in misery as a direct result of Republican policies? Yes.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread