HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The kids at school shooti...

Sun Mar 25, 2018, 06:26 PM

The kids at school shootings see their friends dead and blown apart by assault weapons.

Things our government hides from us because the sight of it is a horror that is never forgotten. They don't just file out of school in an orderly manner. They step over their friends bodies. Their fight is about a lot more. Sights we can't even imagine that they have to live with forever. Just because they went to school. Children with PTSD for the rest of their lives.
What are we doing America, to the least amongst us ????????

7 replies, 1074 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply The kids at school shootings see their friends dead and blown apart by assault weapons. (Original post)
pwb Mar 2018 OP
LuckyCharms Mar 2018 #1
pwb Mar 2018 #2
Igel Mar 2018 #5
pwb Mar 2018 #7
Initech Mar 2018 #3
Soxfan58 Mar 2018 #4
Sampan Mar 2018 #6

Response to pwb (Original post)

Sun Mar 25, 2018, 06:28 PM

1. If the parents agree, the pics should be posted on network news...

every night for a week, with no comment.

That will wake up a few people who view gun violence in the abstract.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to LuckyCharms (Reply #1)

Sun Mar 25, 2018, 06:30 PM

2. They must confiscate all the kids phones?

Or we would see it.

Reply to this post

Response to pwb (Reply #2)

Sun Mar 25, 2018, 06:43 PM

5. I suspect that most of the kids are herded away from the bodies.

In most cases, the dead are confined to a small area such as a classroom, and everybody else has run away.

Those who see it are traumatized and don't feel like reliving it. Those who don't see it suffer vicariously. It's like having a friend commit suicide or get killed elsewhere, whether by another's hand or by his own. It seems every year my school has at least one kid who dies, whether by car, because they throw themselves in front of a train or use a handgun to kill themselves or die from some other violence. On occasion it's an OD.

No obvious enemy to vilify and build into a boogey-man, and most of the time, apart from accidents, there's some hint that it's coming. Those who suffer the most sometimes are those who knew the killer and didn't do anything to stop it. The kid who knew his friend was going home and driving drunk, the kid who knew his friend was carrying a weapon and saying he was going to use it but feared getting his friend in trouble more than saving another kid's life.

It's conceivable that the phones from the area were confiscated and wiped. No matter what else happens, it's almost a given that there is at least one other minor in the frame and that footage couldn't be released without hefty waivers being signed. And that still might be against local government or school policy.

Reply to this post

Response to Igel (Reply #5)

Mon Mar 26, 2018, 08:39 AM

7. All crime scenes are different.

Bodies can not be moved and schools can't protect the children when they witness it with their own eyes. Schools are big and spread out and most times in my opinion the killings are spread out. Doubt that schools go around covering the bodies or even have enough sheets or blankets to do so. But your opinion is as good as mine since it is all kept from us.

Reply to this post

Sun Mar 25, 2018, 06:31 PM

3. And the only solution they've come up with is MOAR GUNZ!!!!!1!1!!!1!

Because gun company CEO salaries are more important than lives, apparently.

Reply to this post

Sun Mar 25, 2018, 06:33 PM

4. I'm no psychiatrist

But I think the way the Parkland dealt with this tragedy. Will go a long way to helping them deal with this down the road.

Reply to this post

Sun Mar 25, 2018, 06:49 PM

6. well, of course the solution is CPR. So says Santorum.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread