HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Doing stuff that can real...

Wed Mar 14, 2018, 12:22 PM

Doing stuff that can really have an impact!!

Here's an e-mail I got from the National Democratic Redistricting Committee, established by Eric Holder and Barack Obama, now run by Holder. I really admire and support this kind of effort. People who are willing to spend time and effort on the least glamorous, but potentially game changing fights really demonstrate their commitment. THANKS NDRC.

I hope every DUer who reads this will donate a little bit to the cause. And please "reply" so this post stays visible. Recs won't do it.

https://democraticredistricting.com/

****** The Email ************
As part of the NDRCís comprehensive strategy to end gerrymandering, weíre throwing our weight behind the races that will have the biggest impact on 2021 redistricting, and doing everything we can to win them.

Our next target is a judicial race in Wisconsin. On April 3, Wisconsinites will have an opportunity to elect an advocate for fair maps to the state Supreme Court. If theyíre successful, the people of Wisconsin will have one more voice for fairness, who can stand up to the partisan gerrymandering that has plagued the state for the past decade.

But -- if the NDRC is going to take part in elections like these, Iím going to need your help. Will you pitch in to our $45,000 mid-month goal to give us the resources to get involved in this race and many more?

7 replies, 419 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Doing stuff that can really have an impact!! (Original post)
LAS14 Mar 2018 OP
lark Mar 2018 #1
mountain grammy Mar 2018 #2
NCTraveler Mar 2018 #3
lunasun Mar 2018 #4
lunasun Mar 2018 #5
Rhiannon12866 Mar 2018 #6
HAB911 Mar 2018 #7

Response to LAS14 (Original post)

Wed Mar 14, 2018, 04:04 PM

1. Sorry, I can't really donate now.

I've retired so funds are limited but I definitely support Holder and Obama's efforts to end gerrymandering and am glad to kick this for visibility. If I get to the point where I'm not so pinched financially, I will donate as well.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Mar 14, 2018, 05:19 PM

2. on to Wisconsin.

very worthy cause. Eric Holder is trying to save us all. He's won my love, at long last.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 14, 2018, 06:11 PM

3. This is so important...

And Iím a bit taken back at how quickly they are having an impact. Eric Holder and crew know the system inside and out.

Thanks LAS14. I really appreciate reading about them. Itís so easy to get distracted by negative news these days. This is a big bright spot.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 15, 2018, 12:02 AM

4. +++++++ K&R Doing good work Holder and co.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 15, 2018, 12:03 AM

5. Check out the link if you have not already

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 15, 2018, 04:48 AM

6. K&R! This sounds like an excellent effort!

And with President Obama and Eric Holder behind it, DUers should be both interested and supportive.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 15, 2018, 09:13 AM

7. K&R, good work!

have donated in the past and will again!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread