HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Why America is finished, ...

Wed Mar 14, 2018, 11:56 AM

Why America is finished, Case #1

Hillary Clinton - who is a private citizen, who is not running for office, who is on a trip abroad speaking for a well earned fee, who's not campaigning for anyone, whose time for elective public service has come and gone - says in a Q&A in India that she won places that are optimistic, diverse and forward-moving, and Trump won places that are backward-looking and that some white women voted for Trump to be in sync with the males in their lives. In other words, she said stuff that is plausibly true and not all that shocking.

Republicans pounced in droves with statements by the Ohio Republican party, the RNC, the Republican governor's association - all of them. Democratic public office holders across the country distanced themselves from Hillary's comments and pundits report that Hillary's comments put a dent in Dems ability to win back seats nationwide and that Hillary's popularity is lower than ever.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-distance-themselves-from-hillary-clinton%e2%80%99s-%e2%80%98backward%e2%80%99-claim/ar-BBKbof3?li=BBnb7Kz

Meanwhile...

An actual Republican candidate for office calls a teenage gunshot victim of the Parkland shootings a "skinhead lesbian", and another surviving student a "bald face liar" for something as simple as supporting gun control after being victims of shootings - and there is no widespread Republican "distancing" from these comments and no measurable decrease in Republican popularity numbers as a result of these comments.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/skinhead-lesbian-gop-candidate-attacks-parkland-teen-emma-gonzalez-n856311

Democrats say things that are true, if a bit "inconvenient" and revealing about certain classes of people, and we lose elections and show measurable amounts of loss of support across the board (see Obama's "...cling to their guns and religion.." comment). But Republicans say stuff that is patently racist, homophobic and factually incorrect, and they actually GAIN a little across the board.

America is done. A breakup of red vs. blue wouldn't bother me a bit.

3 replies, 628 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Why America is finished, Case #1 (Original post)
SpankMe Mar 2018 OP
spanone Mar 2018 #1
el_bryanto Mar 2018 #2
poboy2 Mar 2018 #3

Response to SpankMe (Original post)

Wed Mar 14, 2018, 11:59 AM

1. let them keep running against Hillary in 2020....

i think that's a great idea

all deflection for their god don

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Mar 14, 2018, 12:01 PM

2. Tough break for those liberals who live in red states nt

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 14, 2018, 12:01 PM

3. If Nov. is disaster, Just get it over with and tell me where I need to move.

Because I will have to, living in moron country.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread