HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Tech savvy these guys are...

Fri Feb 23, 2018, 03:35 PM

Tech savvy these guys aren't

Manafort may have left an incriminating trail because he couldn't figure out how to convert PDFs to Word documents.

http://amp.slate.com/technology/2018/02/paul-manafort-couldnt-convert-pdfs-to-word-documents.html?wpsrc=sh_all_dt_tw_ru&__twitter_impression=true

3 replies, 817 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tech savvy these guys aren't (Original post)
kurtcagle Feb 2018 OP
mahatmakanejeeves Feb 2018 #1
Girard442 Feb 2018 #2
Yonnie3 Feb 2018 #3

Response to kurtcagle (Original post)

Fri Feb 23, 2018, 03:42 PM

1. Neither can I, at least not without a lot of strange characters in my Word documents.

We're talking technical manuals. I have to go back through them and make many, many corrections.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Feb 23, 2018, 03:43 PM

2. Not tech-savvy AND arrogant.

Even if you can't tell the difference between a PDF and a PDA, you should still be paranoid enough to want to see the document trail deleted/erased/shredded/burned/eaten and not splatted out over the Internet. Manafort wasn't just sloppy because he's a tech-doofus, but also because he's an arrogant asshole.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 23, 2018, 03:54 PM

3. I skimmed the indictment and saw one instance where Gates got about 10% for a laundering.

30 million moved and he got 3, considering the legal exposure to Gates, that is a small cut. Gates had the tech down but not the legal savvy.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread