HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I have seen on facebook p...

Mon Feb 19, 2018, 08:04 AM

I have seen on facebook post about the facts that guns don't kill people...

and that guns are not the problem. No, guns don't kill people, the person behind the trigger is the one that does! I said this and the response I got, was absolutely absurd! I won't go into detail, but the fact that they feel this way is alarming. I stated on a friend's post the fact that military weapons should banned from the public. I had some people agreed with me, but for the most part, people say that I am wrong. I am not against taking guns away from those who use them for hunting or for the protection of their family or home. But when an unstable person has access to a weapon that can kill several people in one magazine of ammunition, is not logical! This is mind boggling that the more shootings and killing of more people, they strengthen their hold on their guns and ill willed thinking?

5 replies, 755 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply I have seen on facebook post about the facts that guns don't kill people... (Original post)
imanamerican63 Feb 2018 OP
Iliyah Feb 2018 #1
Ptah Feb 2018 #2
PoiBoy Feb 2018 #3
mountain grammy Feb 2018 #4
msongs Feb 2018 #5

Response to imanamerican63 (Original post)

Mon Feb 19, 2018, 08:15 AM

1. Does guns have a mind of it's own?

Do guns walk, talk, fly, and shot bullets by itself? Ummmmm, not at this point in time yet, therefore, people with the intent to kill other people with guns do kill. That statement above is illogical.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Feb 19, 2018, 08:43 AM

2. What do you mean?

"I am not against taking guns away from those who use them for hunting or for the protection of their family or home."

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 19, 2018, 11:35 AM

3. OK.. guns don't kill people..

This is the DU member formerly known as PoiBoy.

Reply to this post

Response to PoiBoy (Reply #3)

Mon Feb 19, 2018, 11:38 AM

4. +1000

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 19, 2018, 01:31 PM

5. everyone knows guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people. keep guns, outlaw bullets nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread