HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Rx & Rehab Suggestions fo...

Wed Feb 14, 2018, 01:39 AM

Rx & Rehab Suggestions for Your Politically Polluted Minds

Last edited Wed Feb 14, 2018, 11:11 AM - Edit history (1)

May I prescribe an Rx and rehab for your politically polluted minds?

1. Limit your exposure to the daily bullshit distractions. Max exposure, 1 hr in the AM and 1 hr PM. Did you used to read the Nat'l Enquirer all day? NO, AM i right?

Let us not devolve, as tempting and juicy as the distractions may sound. It is a coup to harm your brain.

Find, support, and/or report important news, not Junior High-like, endorphin-damaging garbage gossip perpetuated by the desperate, morally challenged, and ratings-needy.

When we perpetuate the political gossip garbage being served up every freaking day, we are perpetuating the harm it does, true?

I have started to limit myself to THEFERRET for a fun garbage gossip update. Laughter is healthy.

2. Take time each day to uplift your spirit or, at the very least, tune out. Be kind. Help uplift others. Meditation really helps.

3. Imagine the world the way you want it to be. Their is power in numbers. The more of us taking time to IMAGINE the sooner this world will ascend to our collective vision. Young, old, healthy, or infirm. There is nothing that can stop our COLLECTIVE IMAGINATION for good.

This song helps me. Listen to music that uplifts your heart and mind. Music is medicine.

John Lennon in Imagine! with Lyrics!

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one.

https://m.

We need each other now more than ever.

Kick the lie.

We have never been and will never be independent.

2 replies, 325 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Rx & Rehab Suggestions for Your Politically Polluted Minds (Original post)
OhNo-Really Feb 14 OP
RainCaster Feb 14 #1
OhNo-Really Feb 14 #2

Response to OhNo-Really (Original post)

Wed Feb 14, 2018, 06:49 AM

1. I stay away from it all

I travel a lot for my job. Last week in Europe, this week in Korea, next in CA, OR, Taipei...

So I get to see what the rest of the world thinks about all this shit we think is so important. Well, in Korea the biggest news is about the Olympics (duh) and the second is about the OxFam scandal. Fucking Trump doesn't show up at all. It Europe, they just think of him as another jackass. It's so nice to have my perspective leveled by the rest of the world. BTW, I never turn on the TV in my hotel room. Ever. I see this shit on the TV in the hotel bar where I get my dinner.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to RainCaster (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 14, 2018, 11:18 AM

2. What a fascinating life you have.

Thank you for responding.

I never watch the death, destruction, and trite trivia aka US TV News. Designed to depress and promote fear imo.

Is the world open to a WE DEPEND ON EACH OTHER movement in your opinion? as depicted here

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210227281

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread