HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Right Wingers-@GOP runnin...

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 11:34 AM

Right Wingers-@GOP running for office this year -Trump opened the sewer &out they came

Holly Figueroa O'Reilly‏Verified account @AynRandPaulRyan

John Abarr is a 🚨 KKK member running as a DEMOCRAT 🚨 in #MT #SD21
@JacobsonTom is the incumbent Democrat.

FOLLOW: ➡️ @JacobsonTom
SUPPORT: ➡️ http://tinyurl.com/y7xwv6vc
LEARN: ➡️ http://tomjacobson.net
#MorningJoe

6 replies, 299 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Right Wingers-@GOP running for office this year -Trump opened the sewer &out they came (Original post)
riversedge Feb 13 OP
Eliot Rosewater Feb 13 #1
riversedge Feb 13 #2
RandomAccess Feb 13 #4
riversedge Feb 13 #5
RandomAccess Feb 13 #3
genxlib Feb 13 #6

Response to riversedge (Original post)

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 11:35 AM

1. KKK member CANT run as a Democrat, of that I am certain.

surely the DNC can stop this

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Eliot Rosewater (Reply #1)

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 11:40 AM

2. Former Republican White Supremacist Tries Running as Democrat for Montana State House Seat

Looks like he filed already. I do not know what the MT Dem Party or DNC can do.

Former Republican White Supremacist Tries Running as Democrat for Montana State House Seat
https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/former-republican-white-supremacist-tries-running-democrat-montana-state-house

The state party was disgusted by his announcement.

By Noor Al-Sibai / Raw Story
January 11, 2018, 9:56 PM GMT

Print
10 COMMENTS

Photo Credit: John Abarr via Facebook

A man known for trying to recruit LGBT and black people to the Ku Klux Klan to create a more “inclusive” hate group is running for Montana’s House of Representatives — as a Democrat.

As the Helena Independent Record reported Thursday, Klansman John Abarr has filed as a Democrat in Montana’s House District 21, which covers Great Falls, Montana.

In a statement responding to Abarr’s announcement, Montana Democrats blasted the candidate.

“John Abarr is a failed former-Republican House candidate with a revolting history of promoting white supremacy,” the group said. “His views have no place in Montana, and we condemn him and his campaign without exception.”.....................

Reply to this post

Response to riversedge (Reply #2)

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 12:10 PM

4. USA Today article

Reply to this post

Response to RandomAccess (Reply #4)

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 12:22 PM

5. More inclusive is an oxymoron for the KKK.

More inclusive KKK chapter makes some suspicious

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/03/inclusive-kkk-montana-chapter/18406129/

Kristen Cates, Great Falls (Mont.) Tribune Published 10:49 a.m. ET Nov. 3, 2014 | Updated 10:51 a.m. ET Nov. 3, 2014
John_Abarr_110314

(Photo: Alan Rogers, AP)

GREAT FALLS, Mont. — One of Montana's most well-known white supremacists is recruiting members for a new Ku Klux Klan, one which he said will be all-inclusive and shows he no longer holds supremacist views.

John Abarr claims he is a reformed man, which is why he's started a new KKK group called the Rocky Mountain Knights. Though he won't say exactly how many members this new KKK group has, the organization will not discriminate against people because of race, religion or sexual orientation.

"The KKK is for a strong America," Abarr said. "White supremacy is the old Klan. This is the new Klan."

Though he's long been involved in white supremacy organizations growing up in Wyoming and Montana, Abarr, of Great Falls, Mont., claims his opinions have slowly evolved. Last year he met with members of the NAACP in Casper, Wyo. It has inspired him to organize a peace summit with the NAACP and other religious groups in the summer of 2015.

KKK recruitment fliers distributed in Alabama

"I thought it was a really good organization," Abarr told the NAACP. "I don't feel we need to be separate."

But officials at the Montana Human Rights Network are suspicious about Abarr's latest move. Rachel Carroll-Rivas, co-director of the group, said Abarr doesn't need to use the KKK to form a more inclusive organization.

“The KKK is for a strong America. White supremacy is the old Klan. This is the new Klan.”
John Abarr, founder of Rocky Mountain Knights

"If John Abarr was actually reformed, he could drop the label of the KKK," she said.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 01:03 PM

6. Can I just say

Twitter sucks.

How a platform limited to 140 characters ever became popular for transmitting important and complex information is baffling to me. The abbreviations, shortcuts and hashtags it takes to make that work is nearly unreadable.

Ugh!

Now get off my lawn.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread