HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Porter's ex-wife on femal...

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 11:25 AM

Porter's ex-wife on female Trump aides' responses: 'I expected a woman to do better'

The first wife of former White House staff secretary Rob Porter said she "expected a woman to do better" after press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders refused to say whether President Trump believed the abuse allegations against Porter.

Colbie Holderness, one of Porter's two ex-wives accusing him of domestic abuse, wrote in an op-ed for The Washington Post on Monday that she was dismayed by Huckabee Sanders and White House aide Kellyanne Conway's comments about the allegations.

Holderness said that she was taken aback by Conway's comments on CNN's "State of the Union" on Sunday. Conway said then that she wasn't worried for White House communications director Hope Hicks, who has reportedly been dating Porter, because she's "rarely met somebody so strong with such excellent instincts and loyalty and smarts."

"Her statement implies that those who have been in abusive relationships are not strong," Holderness wrote. "I beg to differ."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/porters-ex-wife-on-female-trump-aides-responses-i-expected-a-woman-to-do-better/ar-BBJ3s6C?li=BBnbfcL

0 replies, 287 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread