HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump's Lawyer Michael Co...

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 09:27 AM

Trump's Lawyer Michael Cohen Is Shopping a Book About the First Family, Stormy Daniels, and Russia

Michael Cohen is promising publishers a book that truly ‘understands’ the president and will explore the ‘complexities and nuances of the Trump family.’

MAXWELL TANI
02.13.18 5:22 AM ET

Donald Trump’s longtime personal lawyer is writing a book about his life and relationship with the president.

According to a proposal shopped to multiple publishers and obtained by The Daily Beast, Michael Cohen’s book will likely be titled Trump Revolution: From The Tower to The White House, Understanding Donald J. Trump, and will focus on the attorney’s role in the president’s campaign and businesses.

“No issue was too big, too sticky or too oddball for me to tackle,” Cohen teases in the proposal. “I saw it all, handled it all. And still do.”

Positioned partially as a rebuttal to Michael Wolff’s massively popular White House exposé Fire and Fury, Cohen’s proposal posits that few people outside Trump’s family understand the president besides him; and he casts himself as the “family fix-it guy” and the original Trump “special counsel.”

more
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-lawyer-michael-cohen-is-shopping-a-book-about-the-first-family-stormy-daniels-and-russia?ref=home

7 replies, 687 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump's Lawyer Michael Cohen Is Shopping a Book About the First Family, Stormy Daniels, and Russia (Original post)
DonViejo Feb 2018 OP
Hortensis Feb 2018 #1
hlthe2b Feb 2018 #2
HipChick Feb 2018 #3
HopeAgain Feb 2018 #4
BumRushDaShow Feb 2018 #5
Paladin Feb 2018 #6
Gothmog Feb 2018 #7

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 09:36 AM

1. LOL! Wonder if this slimedog imagines even the friendliest viewpoint

could make these people look good, or does he know it'll be mined for more appalling details and only care about monetizing his connection? Of course Trump's going to be sandbagged again. He's a collection of character flaws but profoundly unable to comprehend any of them.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 09:43 AM

2. so much BS.. He's still bound by attorney client privilege so anything he writes is on behalf of

Trump... It will be a pro-Trump propaganda epic.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 09:43 AM

3. Is Doofus45 going to proof read it this time?

to make sure it does not put him in a bad light??

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 09:45 AM

4. Roy Cohn envy?

Cohen is just sleazy. He's not sleazy and smart like Roy was. Micheal Cohen can't "fix" anything.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 09:50 AM

5. "Trump's Lawyer Michael Cohen Is Shopping a Book"

The same guy who was deep in collusion with Sater?

Trump Associate Boasted That Moscow Business Deal ‘Will Get Donald Elected’

By MICHAEL SCHWIRTZ, WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM and DANNY HAKIMJULY 2, 2017

WASHINGTON — A business associate of President Trump promised in 2015 to engineer a real estate deal with the aid of the president of Russia, Vladimir V. Putin, that he said would help Mr. Trump win the presidency.

The associate, Felix Sater, wrote a series of emails to Mr. Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen, in which he boasted about his ties to Mr. Putin. He predicted that building a Trump Tower in Moscow would highlight Mr. Trump’s savvy negotiating skills and be a political boon to his candidacy.

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Mr. Sater wrote in an email. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

A portion of an email Felix Sater sent to Michael Cohen on Nov. 3, 2015.

The emails show that, from the earliest months of Mr. Trump’s campaign, some of his associates viewed close ties with Moscow as a political advantage. Those ties are now under investigation by the Justice Department and multiple congressional committees.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/politics/trump-tower-putin-felix-sater.html

I wouldn't be surprised if Sater is one of the sealed indictments.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 09:58 AM

6. Is he threatening to beat the shit out of publishers who won't accept it?

That's certainly what I'd expect from a thug like him.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 10:36 AM

7. Has Omarosa found a publisher yet?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread