HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » GOP Senate candidate's pa...

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 12:08 AM

GOP Senate candidate's parents max out donations to primary campaign of Democrat he hopes to unseat

By Chris Massie, CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/12/politics/kfile-kevin-nicholson-parents-donations/index.html

"SNIP.......

(CNN)Just months after Republican Kevin Nicholson announced his bid to unseat incumbent Democratic Sen. Tammy Baldwin in 2018, his own parents donated the legal maximum to her primary campaign.

Nicholson announced last July that he would seek the Republican nomination for US Senate in Wisconsin. A Federal Election Commission filing by Baldwin's campaign dated February 5 and available online shows that each of Nicholson's parents, Donna and Michael, donated $2,700 to Baldwin in December 2017. FEC rules stipulate that those donations are the maximum Nicholson's parents can donate to Baldwin during the primary election. They can donate up to that amount again during the general election.

Their donations are not necessarily out of character: Nicholson has said on the campaign trail that he comes from a Democratic family and, as the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported in November, his mother has donated thousands of dollars over the years to Democratic organizations and candidates, including hundreds to Baldwin.

However, the contributions are the first his parents have given to Baldwin since Nicholson announced his candidacy to try to oust the senator.

.......SNIP"

4 replies, 632 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply GOP Senate candidate's parents max out donations to primary campaign of Democrat he hopes to unseat (Original post)
applegrove Feb 13 OP
mr_lebowski Feb 13 #1
HuskyOffset Feb 13 #3
mr_lebowski Feb 13 #4
Gothmog Feb 13 #2

Response to applegrove (Original post)

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 12:15 AM

1. .......SNAP!!!"

Tammy's most powerful campaign ad practically writes itself ... if this guy wins the GOP primary ... thx Mom and Dad!!!

I mean, it doesn't matter what the asshat does in response ... it's 100% impossible to counter a well-made commercial of 'his own PARENTS Donated the Maximum Allowed Amount to Desert Storm War Hero Duckworth (-D) ... and gave their sons campaign NOTHING! (wah-wah-wah-waaaaaaaah)'.

What's he gonna say/do? He'll have NADA. Cause you know what? That REALLY DOES ... say it all.

Man, how perfect would it be if one/both his folks are Vets ... and he's not!?! Lol ... that would really put it over the top.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mr_lebowski (Reply #1)

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 02:39 AM

3. Um, do you have the wrong Tammy?

The story talks about Tammy Baldwin, not Duckworth. Is there another story where they also donated to Duckworth?

Reply to this post

Response to HuskyOffset (Reply #3)

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 05:26 AM

4. I DO have the wrong one! DERP! I guess I skimmed too fast, sorry ... same general area/first name

Anyways, it's still the case that the commercial writes itself, just maybe not QUITE as sympathetically

Reply to this post

Response to applegrove (Original post)

Tue Feb 13, 2018, 12:43 AM

2. This makes me smile

I would love to be at their next Thanksgiving dinner

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread