HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » none dare call it treason...

Tue Feb 6, 2018, 11:52 AM

none dare call it treason, except trump & the lunatic fringe

Trump said it was “un-American” and “treasonous” when some congressional Democrats did not applaud during last week's State of the Union address..
“Even on positive news like that, really positive news like that, they were like death and un-American,” Trump said at a manufacturing plant outside Cincinnati. “Somebody said ‘treasonous.’ I mean, yeah, I guess, why not? Shall we call that treason? Why not? I mean, they certainly didn’t seem to love our country very much.”

Of course, if trump was making money off something unamerican or treasonous, he'd be singing a different tune coming out from his cookoo clock.

Stormer’s book is taken from a quotation of Sir John Harrington (1561-1612): “Treason doth never prosper, what’s the reason? For if it prosper, none dare call it treason.”

Dems could take heart in the words of Patrick Henry, & argue that it is not the issues trump demagogued about in his sotu, but actually trump the national disgrace, for why they remained silent.

"If this be treason, make the most of it!" —Patrick Henry, speaking against the Stamp Act of 1765 before the Virginia House of Burgesses

0 replies, 293 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread