HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I wonder if Trump will re...

Sat Jan 13, 2018, 09:37 AM

I wonder if Trump will refer to Kentucky the same way he has referred to some other countries?

Kentucky Just Made It Harder For Poor People To Get Health Care

"The Trump administration on Friday told Kentucky it can go ahead with its controversial Medicaid overhaul ― an initiative that would reduce benefits, require some beneficiaries to work, and generally make it more difficult for people to stay on the program.
Administration officials and their Kentucky counterparts have portrayed the plan as a way to improve the health of low-income residents and encourage self-sufficiency among poor but able-bodied adults. “The result will be a transformational improvement in the overall health of our people and will provide a model for other states to follow,” Matt Bevin, the state’s Republican governor, said at a press conference Friday.
But there’s scant evidence that Kentucky’s changes will have the effects that Bevin and his allies are promising. In fact, of the roughly 95,000 people expected to lose coverage, some will almost surely be people who are working ― or have reasons why they can’t work ― but who failed to satisfy the new system’s paperwork requirements.

By comparison, Kentucky’s total Medicaid enrollment ― including kids on the Children’s Health Insurance Program ― is about 1.25 million right now, according to official statistics."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-kentucky-medicaid-work-requirement_us_5a591c2ee4b03c4189658d23?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

3 replies, 269 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply I wonder if Trump will refer to Kentucky the same way he has referred to some other countries? (Original post)
still_one Jan 13 OP
janterry Jan 13 #1
RKP5637 Jan 13 #2
Bayard Jan 13 #3

Response to still_one (Original post)

Sat Jan 13, 2018, 09:46 AM

1. The irony is that he would

if they tried to dine out at Mar-A-Lago or play a round of golf near him - and his crew.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Jan 13, 2018, 09:47 AM

2. The GOP continues to find ways to kill off Americans they deem undesirable. n/t

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 13, 2018, 11:00 AM

3. A lot of working poor here

Are they going to say, you have to go get a better job?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread