HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » What hold do Russians hav...

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 02:28 PM

What hold do Russians have over 45? Watch Fargo Season 2 (or is it 3?).

The story is about how a business borrowed some money from the Russians and instead of being allowed to pay it back, the Russians took over the business, leaving the owner as the front man, turned it into a money laundering operation, and used violence (and murder) to maintain their control.

This is what I think 45 is dealing with. Terrified of his Russian owners because they'll use destruction and violence to get their way.

2 replies, 812 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply What hold do Russians have over 45? Watch Fargo Season 2 (or is it 3?). (Original post)
SharonAnn Jan 2018 OP
Me. Jan 2018 #1
DemKittyNC Jan 2018 #2

Response to SharonAnn (Original post)

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 02:30 PM

1. It Was A Horrifying Story

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SharonAnn (Original post)

Tue Jan 9, 2018, 02:37 PM

2. Think you meant

Season 3 but yep, you are spot on. When I watched this I totally understood how Emmit Stussy felt. I felt like I was living through his same predicament only a million times worse since it's the President of the US and it affects pretty much the entire world. The season scared the hell out of me.

Great show though btw, if anyone hasn't seen any of the seasons of Fargo it is HIGHLY recommended.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread