You are viewing an obsolete version of the DU website which is no longer supported by the Administrators. Visit The New DU.
Democratic Underground Latest Greatest Lobby Journals Search Options Help Login

John McCain quotes [List Edits]

Printer-friendly format Printer-friendly format
Printer-friendly format Email this thread to a friend
Printer-friendly format Bookmark this thread
Home » Discuss » Archives » Research Forum Donate to DU
Open Edit Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Sun Sep-07-08 12:56 PM
Original message
John McCain quotes
Edited on Sun Sep-07-08 12:57 PM by Faun Otter
John W. McCain in his own words.

"I would love to be emperor." (1)

"The fact is, (my involvement in the savings and loan crisis) was the wrong thing to do, and it'll be on my tombstone and deservedly so." (2)

"I ridiculed the bill on the floor of the Senate the day I voted for it." (3)

Do you think contraceptives help stop the spread of HIV? Mr. McCain: (Long pause) "You've stumped me." (4)

On AIDS prevention McCain: "I'm not very wise on it." (4)

At a recent meeting with the Wall Street Journal editorial board, Republican presidential candidate John McCain admitted he "doesn't really understand economics" (5)

"The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should." (6)

"...the Constitution established the United States of America as a Christian nation." (7)

" I'll never forget that first Christmas when I gave--when I read from the Nativity story from the different Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John." (7)
(The nativity story does NOT appear in all the gospels)

"I cannot tell you that I've ever had a revelation from God--it's been kind of plotting." (7)

"Speaking of religions, I think the Greek god hubris played a role in Mr. Rumsfeld's decisions." (7)
(Does McCain believe in Greek gods? BTW Hubris wasn't a god. It means over-reaching arrogance)

"Thanks for the question, you little jerk. You're drafted." (8)

'The nice thing about Alzheimer's is you get to hide your own Easter eggs.' (9)

McCain speaking in Tucson referred to Leisure World as "Seizure World," the East Valley retirement community where, in the 1984 election, "97 percent of the people voted and the other 3 percent were in intensive care." (10)

"So our marriage is really based on a tissue of lies." (11)

Asked whether he's lectured his own children about using drugs, McCain replied, "I told my thirteen-year-old son I would beat him within an inch of his life." (12)

When asked why we have military personnel on food stamps- "Privates and seamen don't make campaign contributions." (12)

"You know, people talk about how bad the POW camp was in Vietnam, but really we had a lot of fun." (13)


Refresh | 0 Recommendations Printer Friendly | Permalink | Edit | Top

Home » Discuss » Archives » Research Forum Donate to DU

Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.1 Copyright 1997-2002
Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators

Important Notices: By participating on this discussion board, visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums are the opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.

Home  |  Discussion Forums  |  Journals |  Store  |  Donate

About DU  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy

Got a message for Democratic Underground? Click here to send us a message.

© 2001 - 2011 Democratic Underground, LLC