Democratic Underground Latest Greatest Lobby Journals Search Options Help Login
Google

The RESULTS of republiCON tax policies:

Printer-friendly format Printer-friendly format
Printer-friendly format Email this thread to a friend
Printer-friendly format Bookmark this thread
This topic is archived.
Home » Discuss » General Discussion Donate to DU
 
supraTruth Donating Member (352 posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Thu Oct-27-11 02:38 AM
Original message
The RESULTS of republiCON tax policies:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#45055472

The graph in the video demonstrates the MOST PARAMOUNT issue of 2011.

30 YEARS of REDUCED & FLATTER taxes for the 1% has resulted in the EXTRAORDINARY & SINFUL DISPARITY between them & the OTHER 99% of US.

More people need to know that during the 2 REPUBLICAN terms of Dwight D. Eisenhower, the top Income Tax Bracket was 91% AND Capital Gains & Dividends were taxed at the same rate (NOT the 15% & 25% that they have been taxed at since the CHENEYbushCO tax cuts of 2003).

We DESPERATELY need MORE Tax Brackets for MULTIMILLIONAIRES&BILLIONAIRES to help reverse this disturbing trend in CLASS WARFARE that the CONS have waged for the past 30 YEARS.

http://supratruth.newsvine.com/_news/2011/01/17/5864039...

WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMEN & MEDIA!

Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
pnwmom Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Thu Oct-27-11 02:48 AM
Response to Original message
1. I'm not sure those rates will bring in enough money. It looks low to me. n/t
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
supraTruth Donating Member (352 posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Thu Oct-27-11 12:47 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. It is a matter of FAIRNESS AND over a period of 10 years it will HELP SIGNIFICANTLY.
30 YEARS in the WRONG direction canNOT be turned around in only 1 year by ANYthing.

BUT, THE TREND CAN BE REVERSED!
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
pnwmom Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Thu Oct-27-11 02:36 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. But we can't make the deficit worse by cutting our tax revenues significantly.
And I'm guessing that this plan wouldn't bring in nearly enough money.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
DU AdBot (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view 
this author's profile Click to add 
this author to your buddy list Click to add 
this author to your Ignore list Fri Aug 01st 2014, 04:56 AM
Response to Original message
Advertisements [?]
 Top

Home » Discuss » General Discussion Donate to DU

Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.1 Copyright 1997-2002 DCScripts.com
Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators


Important Notices: By participating on this discussion board, visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums are the opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.

Home  |  Discussion Forums  |  Journals |  Store  |  Donate

About DU  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy

Got a message for Democratic Underground? Click here to send us a message.

© 2001 - 2011 Democratic Underground, LLC