Democratic Underground Latest Greatest Lobby Journals Search Options Help Login
Google

The Republican "opposition" to Baucus's corporate welfare bill is as phony as a $3 bill.

Printer-friendly format Printer-friendly format
Printer-friendly format Email this thread to a friend
Printer-friendly format Bookmark this thread
This topic is archived.
Home » Discuss » Archives » General Discussion (1/22-2007 thru 12/14/2010) Donate to DU
 
Faryn Balyncd Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Wed Sep-16-09 04:10 PM
Original message
The Republican "opposition" to Baucus's corporate welfare bill is as phony as a $3 bill.
Edited on Wed Sep-16-09 04:11 PM by Faryn Balyncd

It's a game that has been perfected by the corporate lobbyists, the GOP, and Baucus (without whom the GOP & Big Pharma would NEVER have passed Bush's Medicare Rx Drug "benefit" - - - - the fiasco that resulted in the unprecedented prescription drug price inflation of the last few years).


Why do we continue to allow these obstructionists to shape the debate, to shape the bills of OUR party, and transform "reform" into corporate welfare?










:kick:








Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
Ardent15 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Wed Sep-16-09 04:11 PM
Response to Original message
1. Because Democrats are chickenshits afraid of losing votes
It's unfortunate, but it's true. Hopefully, Obama will show more spine soon.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
The Wielding Truth Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Wed Sep-16-09 04:24 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. If they make intelligent moves and the country recovers from *, I will vote all the Dems back in.
They will need no corp. money or campaign money. I will vote all the Dems back in! No doubt they will win the votes of 70% of aware voters. The other 30% shouldn't be a concern, because as far as policy, they have no uncorrupted opinions.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
wtbymark Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Wed Sep-16-09 04:16 PM
Response to Original message
2. caption: yes, it was authored by Wellpiont shhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
DU AdBot (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view 
this author's profile Click to add 
this author to your buddy list Click to add 
this author to your Ignore list Wed Aug 20th 2014, 05:32 PM
Response to Original message
Advertisements [?]
 Top

Home » Discuss » Archives » General Discussion (1/22-2007 thru 12/14/2010) Donate to DU

Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.1 Copyright 1997-2002 DCScripts.com
Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators


Important Notices: By participating on this discussion board, visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums are the opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.

Home  |  Discussion Forums  |  Journals |  Store  |  Donate

About DU  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy

Got a message for Democratic Underground? Click here to send us a message.

© 2001 - 2011 Democratic Underground, LLC