Democratic Underground Latest Greatest Lobby Journals Search Options Help Login
Google

Young Turks: Couple Faces 5 Years In Jail For Medical Marijuana

Printer-friendly format Printer-friendly format
Printer-friendly format Email this thread to a friend
Printer-friendly format Bookmark this thread
This topic is archived.
Home » Discuss » Political Videos Donate to DU
 
CherylK Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Mon Apr-04-11 12:19 PM
Original message
Young Turks: Couple Faces 5 Years In Jail For Medical Marijuana
 
Run time: 05:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnLTQQZngSI
 
Posted on YouTube: April 02, 2011
By YouTube Member: TheYoungTurks
Views on YouTube: 18627
 
Posted on DU: April 04, 2011
By DU Member: CherylK
Views on DU: 725
 
Cenk Uygur on a California couple facing 5 years in prison after being raided for growing medical marijuana despite the fact it's legal in California. Cenk also shares findings from the National Cancer Institute on the medical benefits of marijuana.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
phantom power Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Mon Apr-04-11 12:21 PM
Response to Original message
1. That couple should have committed massive mortgage fraud for billions of dollars.
what were they thinking?
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
truedelphi Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Mon Apr-04-11 01:44 PM
Response to Reply #1
4. Or been the patriarch/matriarchs of a drug cartel,
Cleaned up one of their offspring, and then sent that offspring packing to the United States.

Here in The USA, that individual could use the family income to purchase a bank to do some money laundering, all the while contributing to the anti-drug hysteria via letters to the editors, and huge contributions to politicians who run (like Obama must be doing now) on the "Zero Tolerance" campaign pledge.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
ooglymoogly Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Mon Apr-04-11 01:19 PM
Response to Original message
2. The war on drugs has been supremely successful
Edited on Mon Apr-04-11 02:17 PM by ooglymoogly
It gave pugs their excuse to turn this country into a fascist state, to shred the constitution, to fill our prisons, fast becoming private for profit prisons. The war on drugs (more aptly called A governments' war on its own people) is a win, win for the top 1% both politically and financially, who control that 30% who further control the other 70% that is us; by lies, deception, crooked elections, theft and a controlled insanity.

But that was, is not enough for the pugs...9/11 became their explosion of that model. It is how 30% of the population controls the other 70% with jackbooted thugs, who can break down your door on any old excuse, shoot your dog and any member of your family and go on a fishing expedition and try to destroy your life and the fixed court system will back them up. This is happening every day. The OP is a case in point, but not even close to the worst of what is going on in this country.

Unless there is a bottom up, very strong resistance, expect no change...the system is working just fine for that 30% of this country who are complete unadulterated fascists and thugs strictly controlled by the top 1%. A group of 400 mafia billionaires, who have figured out the 30%+- fascist ratio to the letter and exploit it to gain every last resource down to the gold in our teeth.

Teabag is just a dog whistle for those 30% to unite.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
midnight Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Mon Apr-04-11 01:33 PM
Response to Original message
3. This is another war that this country should not be engaged in...
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
DU AdBot (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view 
this author's profile Click to add 
this author to your buddy list Click to add 
this author to your Ignore list Sun Apr 20th 2014, 10:14 PM
Response to Original message
Advertisements [?]
 Top

Home » Discuss » Political Videos Donate to DU

Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.1 Copyright 1997-2002 DCScripts.com
Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators


Important Notices: By participating on this discussion board, visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums are the opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.

Home  |  Discussion Forums  |  Journals |  Store  |  Donate

About DU  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy

Got a message for Democratic Underground? Click here to send us a message.

© 2001 - 2011 Democratic Underground, LLC