Democratic Underground Latest Greatest Lobby Journals Search Options Help Login
Google

Official: Fake NFL threat competition between two men

Printer-friendly format Printer-friendly format
Printer-friendly format Email this thread to a friend
Printer-friendly format Bookmark this thread
This topic is archived.
Home » Discuss » Archives » General Discussion (01/01/06 through 01/22/2007) Donate to DU
 
tocqueville Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Fri Oct-20-06 04:26 AM
Original message
Official: Fake NFL threat competition between two men
POSTED: 2053 GMT (0453 HKT), October 19, 2006

MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (CNN) -- A law enforcement official told CNN that a man has admitted he posted a fake bomb threat against National Football League stadiums in major U.S. cities as part of an Internet competition with a person in Texas to create the scariest terror scenario possible.

The official told CNN that it's too early to say whether the man will be charged.

The FBI and the Department of Homeland Security had earlier determined that the threat was a hoax, FBI spokesman Richard Kolko told CNN Thursday.

Earlier Thursday, the FBI interviewed and released a 20-year-old Milwaukee, Wisconsin, man after his friend came forward with information about the online posting of a threat against NFL stadiums.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/10/19/nfl.threat/index.h...
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
ClintonTyree Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Fri Oct-20-06 05:10 AM
Response to Original message
1. Stupid is as stupid does.
These guys need to get real lives. :eyes:
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
malaise Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Fri Oct-20-06 06:27 AM
Response to Original message
2. As KO said last night
this obvious hoax should not have made the airways. Makes you wonder about the agenda of the friend in Texas. Terra terra.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
fasttense Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Fri Oct-20-06 07:15 AM
Response to Original message
3. Yes but did he win?
A law enforcement official told CNN that a man has admitted he posted a fake bomb threat against National Football League stadiums in major U.S. cities as part of an Internet competition with a person in Texas to create the scariest terror scenario possible.

The official told CNN that it's too early to say whether the man will be charged.

But is it too early to say if he won the Internet competition? Inquiring minds want to know. :shrug:
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
seabeyond Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Fri Oct-20-06 07:43 AM
Response to Reply #3
4. with this whole to do, i would say it is a win. i dont see a law broken
are we not allow to say "fire" on the internet (theater)?
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
DU AdBot (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view 
this author's profile Click to add 
this author to your buddy list Click to add 
this author to your Ignore list Sat Dec 27th 2014, 10:25 PM
Response to Original message
Advertisements [?]
 Top

Home » Discuss » Archives » General Discussion (01/01/06 through 01/22/2007) Donate to DU

Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.1 Copyright 1997-2002 DCScripts.com
Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators


Important Notices: By participating on this discussion board, visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums are the opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.

Home  |  Discussion Forums  |  Journals |  Store  |  Donate

About DU  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy

Got a message for Democratic Underground? Click here to send us a message.

© 2001 - 2011 Democratic Underground, LLC