Democratic Underground Latest Greatest Lobby Journals Search Options Help Login
Google

Top Ten Signs You Are A Christian Fundy

Printer-friendly format Printer-friendly format
Printer-friendly format Email this thread to a friend
Printer-friendly format Bookmark this thread
This topic is archived.
Home » Discuss » DU Groups » Science & Skepticism » Atheists and Agnostics Group Donate to DU
 
MindPilot Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Wed Jul-20-05 08:34 AM
Original message
Top Ten Signs You Are A Christian Fundy

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of other gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of your god.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from lower life forms , but you have no problem with the biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in three gods (the "trinity") or four if you count Mary.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the atrocities attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah/Yahweh slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" -- including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that some spirit impregnated the "virgin" Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (4.55 billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a couple of generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs --though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite "Hell of Suffering." And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor "speaking in tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a success when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of your god. So your god always gets the credit no matter what happens.

1 - You actually are more ignorant than many atheists and agnostics about your bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a devout Christian.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
goddess40 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Wed Jul-20-05 02:13 PM
Response to Original message
1. Thanks I enjoyed that.
They might seem mean but they do hit the nail on the head.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
MindPilot Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Wed Jul-20-05 02:33 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. You're welcome. It doesn't seem mean to me to point out
the logical fallacies and inconsistencies in their beliefs. They don't like much but sometimes reality sucks.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
kliljedahl Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Wed Jul-20-05 06:41 PM
Response to Original message
3. We all see that already
Fundies will never recognize their own hypocrisy & contradictions. You're preaching to the choir (sorry for the metaphor), but well done anyway, nice summation. Copied & printing as I type.


Keiths Barbeque Central
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
DU AdBot (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view 
this author's profile Click to add 
this author to your buddy list Click to add 
this author to your Ignore list Wed Oct 01st 2014, 07:37 PM
Response to Original message
Advertisements [?]
 Top

Home » Discuss » DU Groups » Science & Skepticism » Atheists and Agnostics Group Donate to DU

Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.1 Copyright 1997-2002 DCScripts.com
Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators


Important Notices: By participating on this discussion board, visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums are the opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.

Home  |  Discussion Forums  |  Journals |  Store  |  Donate

About DU  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy

Got a message for Democratic Underground? Click here to send us a message.

© 2001 - 2011 Democratic Underground, LLC