The Denver High School Broncos win again! STARRING! TIM TE-BOW!
I LOVE this fucking guy. I don't give a shit if he's worshiping a big pink dildo in the shape of beloved coach Vince Lombardi. Every week with this guy, I go to the bank and get my money. And because everyone hates him they can't WAIT to bet me that he loses.
Get back to me when he beats someone worth a damn. The saddest part of all this is that Brees and Rodgers are having two of the great seasons in history, and we have to hear about this overrated assclown more than both of them combined. The only decent team he played this year buried him. NEVER forget that.
Edited on Sun Dec-04-11 05:44 PM by BulletproofLandshark
The Venn diagram of Broncos fans and Christian fundies must have a hell of a lot of overlap. No one hates Tebow because he's winning (except fans of the teams the Broncos beat.) People hate this ludicrous cult of personality that's built up over one player. You would think he was the best player in the NFL to hear some of the idiots on this board.
8. He's not "my" quarterback. I live in So. Cal. and have never been a Bronco fan.
And stop being disingenuous. Do a DU search and I'd venture a guess that 75% of the results mention his religious philosophy. THAT'S why DU hates him so much.
I support him because so many hate him so vehemently. Like I said last weekend: I hope none of the haters here suffer from bruxism, lest they wake up with nubs for teeth tomorrow. Also, there will be sore jaws and fists tomorrow due to all the clenching going on today.
Lastly, I don't see the "cult" you speak of. The closest I've seen a football analyst come to complimenting him was Tom Jackson saying "enjoy the ride while it lasts" and Chris Berman agreeing on ESPN.
10. I take it you've never watched Skip Bayless on ESPN then.
That man is on Tebow's jock on a daily basis. And you should check out ESPN's comments section sometime. Those people are absolutely ridiculous. The man gets more articles written on him on a weekly basis than the likes of Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, and that is insane.
As for Tebow's religion, I couldn't care less. I have no idea what percentage of the NFL is Christian, but I'm sure it's the vast majority of the league. He's not the first player to proselytize on a regular basis (the entire career of Kurt Warner, for example). I don't remember Warner having a legion of detractors, though. See, I believe in critiquing players on their merits, not their beliefs. And Tim Tebow has done nothing to merit the level of praise that gets thrown his way from week to week. And if pointing that out is "hating", then I'm okay with being a "hater".
9. I'm a steeler fan and I love Tebow for the following reasons.
1. He isn't that good but he pulls out the wins. 2. While he is annoyingly churchy, this is a relatively minor character defect compared to many NFL players. 3. People whip themselves up into a lather to hate on the guy while giving a total pass to these other more severely morally deficient players. 4. Even when he loses, I'm not going to give a fuck. In fact it will be funny to watch the people who are making asses out of themselves as he wins make even bigger asses out of themselves as they overplay their hand.
12. I'm a Bronco fan but have not been a fan of Tebow for the following reasons
1. I had an allergic reaction to all the hype he got (including/especially in college) up until this year, when, for some reason, the tide turned against him in the national media. 2. I wasn't thrilled that the Broncos drafted him, partly because of the aforementioned allergic reaction, partly because the McDaniels regime did just about nothing right, partly because I didn't believe (and am still not convinced, although I'm certainly enjoying this run) that he's a long-term solution at QB.
There may be other reasons, but they're all a function of reason 1. Even his focus on the family super bowl commercial wouldn't have bothered me much (there are plenty of conservatives and preachy folk in the NFL) were it not for other factors, such as the hard-core Tebow worship that preceded it and accompanied it.
That said, though, I'm not a Tebow hater, and I've found myself pointing out his positives in recent weeks, for the following reasons.
1. After the Detroit game it seemed to me that the tide really turned on Tebow and that there was a lot more irrational Tebow hate than irrational Tebow worship. I often feel contrarian about such things. 2. Obviously, the fact that the Broncos are on a 6-1 run helps. 3. More importantly, though, he's showing improvement in every game. He still has to work on his throwing motion, but today it was the best it's been all season. His patience and decision-making have improved every game.
I said during the game thread for his first start in Miami that he reminded me of Elway's early years not in terms of talent, but in terms of him being handcuffed by a system that doesn't fit him for most of the game, until the coaches have no choice but to turn him loose at the end of the game. Since then, though, the Broncos have been tinkering with the offense to give him more that he's comfortable with, and it shows. At the same time, he's improving in his fundamentals and so they're able to bring more of that into play with him. Today they brought some straight drop back passes that they hadn't used before. And, for the most part, they were successful.
That said, I haven't completely come around yet, because I know that once I do the gods of football will remove whatever charm they've placed over him just to spite me. I want to make sure we're in the playoffs before that happens
Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.1 Copyright 1997-2002 DCScripts.com
Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators
Important Notices: By participating on this discussion
board, visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules
page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums are the
opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily represent
the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.