Democratic Underground Latest Greatest Lobby Journals Search Options Help Login
Google

‘Occupy’ movement makes temporary appearance in Manzanita

Printer-friendly format Printer-friendly format
Printer-friendly format Email this thread to a friend
Printer-friendly format Bookmark this thread
Home » Discuss » Places » Oregon Donate to DU
 
struggle4progress Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Tue Oct-11-11 03:44 PM
Original message
‘Occupy’ movement makes temporary appearance in Manzanita
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:30 am

By Erin Dietrich | 0 comments

MANZANITA – A protest movement that started on Wall Street reached the Pacific Coast this week as about 30 people gathered Oct. 8 to “Occupy Manzanita.”

The group held signs and waved to passers-by who occasionally honked their horns in support of the gathering, one of many across the country. According to event participant Ed Gallagher, the Manzanita group represented concerns0 similar to those of the “Occupy” gatherings around the country.

“People are frustrated by the ever-widening gap in wealth between the 1 percent of Americans and the rest of us (99 percent), and the forces that create this gap,” Gallagher said.

The gathering lasted for about an hour in front of the Hoffman Center ...

http://www.tillamookheadlightherald.com/news/article_22...
Refresh | +2 Recommendations Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Home » Discuss » Places » Oregon Donate to DU

Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.1 Copyright 1997-2002 DCScripts.com
Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators


Important Notices: By participating on this discussion board, visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums are the opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.

Home  |  Discussion Forums  |  Journals |  Store  |  Donate

About DU  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy

Got a message for Democratic Underground? Click here to send us a message.

© 2001 - 2011 Democratic Underground, LLC