Democratic Underground Latest Greatest Lobby Journals Search Options Help Login
Google

How many white people voted for Obama?

Printer-friendly format Printer-friendly format
Printer-friendly format Email this thread to a friend
Printer-friendly format Bookmark this thread
This topic is archived.
Home » Discuss » Archives » General Discussion: Presidential (Through Nov 2009) Donate to DU
 
nevergiveup Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Sat Nov-08-08 08:53 AM
Original message
How many white people voted for Obama?
Does anyone know where to find such information?
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
ananda Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Sat Nov-08-08 08:55 AM
Response to Original message
1. I and most whites in Travis County did.
Travis County is majority white and
went 66% for Obama.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
MadBadger Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Sat Nov-08-08 08:56 AM
Response to Original message
2. I believe it was 43%
Look at CNn.com for their exit polls.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
cali Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Sat Nov-08-08 08:57 AM
Response to Original message
3. more than voted for John Kerry. 43%
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
cloudythescribbler Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Sat Nov-08-08 09:32 AM
Response to Reply #3
6. but her name is Roseanne
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
cwydro Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Sat Nov-08-08 09:02 AM
Response to Original message
4. The Florida Keys are mostly white
and went for Obama.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
gorbal Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Sat Nov-08-08 09:25 AM
Response to Reply #4
5. Maine went for Obama easily
Maine is probably the whitest state in the Union and it went easily for Obama. We didn't enjoy the Bush years here.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
No Elephants Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Sat Nov-08-08 09:49 AM
Response to Original message
7. Google will lead you to all kinds of stats, but more whites voted fro McCain than for Obama. No
surprise there. The GOP has long been the party of white men, preferably rich and WASP, and the Dems have been the big tent party. The exception was the period between the Emancipation Proclamation and the years leading to the Civil Rights Act. Even before that, though, Dems were the party of working people, unions, farmers, immigrants, etc.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
cooolandrew Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Sat Nov-08-08 09:54 AM
Response to Original message
8. Going by stats it would of been about 40percent my guess. Barack made it as latin americans came >
Edited on Sat Nov-08-08 10:02 AM by cooolandrew
out strong for Obama too. If you consider ethnic minorities make up about 30 percent of the pie then the remainder white of that is 70 percent of which about 60% voted McCain with some remainder minorities going to John too.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
 
DU AdBot (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view 
this author's profile Click to add 
this author to your buddy list Click to add 
this author to your Ignore list Mon Sep 01st 2014, 06:57 AM
Response to Original message
Advertisements [?]
 Top

Home » Discuss » Archives » General Discussion: Presidential (Through Nov 2009) Donate to DU

Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.1 Copyright 1997-2002 DCScripts.com
Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators


Important Notices: By participating on this discussion board, visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums are the opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.

Home  |  Discussion Forums  |  Journals |  Store  |  Donate

About DU  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy

Got a message for Democratic Underground? Click here to send us a message.

© 2001 - 2011 Democratic Underground, LLC