You are viewing an obsolete version of the DU website which is no longer supported by the Administrators. Visit The New DU.
Democratic Underground Latest Greatest Lobby Journals Search Options Help Login
Google

Crist's political hat trick: Former GOP governor, independent candidate announces switch to Dem [View All]

Printer-friendly format Printer-friendly format
Printer-friendly format Email this thread to a friend
Printer-friendly format Bookmark this thread
Home » Discuss » General Discussion Donate to DU
No Elephants Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Sat Dec-08-12 09:23 AM
Original message
Crist's political hat trick: Former GOP governor, independent candidate announces switch to Dem
Advertisements [?]
Edited on Sat Dec-08-12 09:36 AM by No Elephants

Crist's political hat trick: Former GOP governor, independent candidate announces switch to Dem
Posted by
CNN's Gregory Wallace and Kevin Bohn

Posted by
CNN's Gregory Wallace and Kevin Bohn

(CNN) Former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, who served his state as a Republican then sought office as an independent, tweeted Friday night that he switched his party affiliation to Democrat.

Crist posted to Twitter a photo of himself holding voter registration paperwork and the message, "Proud and honored to join the Democratic Party in the home of President @BarackObama!"


http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/07/crists-... -



"Republicans no longer wanted me, and Florida has gone for Obama twice, so I guess I'll become a Democrat." seems a lot more like it to me.



Spectre changed parties twice, both times to better his own position--or so he thought.

After being primaried, Lieberman decided he was an Independent and ran against the Democratic candidate, beating him.

Crist lost the Republican nomination to Rubio. Then, like Lieberman, Crist ran against both the Republican and the Democrat.

The Democratic Party did in Florida for Crist in 2010 what it had done for Lieberman in Connecticut in 2006. Only, unlike Lieberman, Crist could not win the election against the other two candidates. So, the only thing Crist did was split the Democratic vote.

Crist got 29.71% of the vote and Meek got 20.2% of the vote, for a combined total of 49.91% of the vote. Marco Rubio got 48.89% of the vote.

I recognize that Meek may have lost anyway, but, thanks to Crist, we'll never know, one way or the other. We know only that Rubio won and will probably run for President one day in the not too distant future.

Sorry, not a fan of the "I'll go with whichever Party best serves my personal agenda at the moment" types.
Refresh | +1 Recommendations Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
 

Home » Discuss » General Discussion Donate to DU

Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.1 Copyright 1997-2002 DCScripts.com
Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators


Important Notices: By participating on this discussion board, visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums are the opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.

Home  |  Discussion Forums  |  Journals |  Store  |  Donate

About DU  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy

Got a message for Democratic Underground? Click here to send us a message.

© 2001 - 2011 Democratic Underground, LLC