You are viewing an obsolete version of the DU website which is no longer supported by the Administrators. Visit The New DU.
Democratic Underground Latest Greatest Lobby Journals Search Options Help Login

Reply #21: Because I didn't say that. [View All]

Printer-friendly format Printer-friendly format
Printer-friendly format Email this thread to a friend
Printer-friendly format Bookmark this thread
This topic is archived.
Home » Discuss » Archives » General Discussion (1/22-2007 thru 12/14/2010) Donate to DU
Basileus Basileon Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Mon Nov-19-07 04:34 PM
Response to Reply #18
21. Because I didn't say that.
Edited on Mon Nov-19-07 04:35 PM by Basileus Basileon
I said I thought it was unlikely this in particular is true, and that some people who post conversion stories are certainly liars, while others are likely truth-tellers.

I'd give it (just gut feeling here) maybe a 20% chance you're outright lying, a 60% chance you're blowing an actual conversation out of proportion, and a 20% chance this happened as stated.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
  -First they taunt you...then they mock you...then they...JOIN you? Horse with no Name  Nov-19-07 02:08 PM   #0 
  - Yeah Buddy  BOSSHOG   Nov-19-07 02:12 PM   #1 
  - Go Dennis!  Lone_Star_Dem   Nov-19-07 02:14 PM   #2 
  - VERY cool! When someone (your friend, e.g.) is in agreement with a position  gateley   Nov-19-07 02:15 PM   #3 
  - woohooo!!!  toadzilla   Nov-19-07 02:15 PM   #4 
  - No surprise to me.  MuseRider   Nov-19-07 02:19 PM   #5 
  - Kucinich is gaining momentum  demnan   Nov-19-07 02:29 PM   #6 
  - fucklenuts?  Emit   Nov-19-07 02:30 PM   #7 
  - Its sort of like a "Tard Carnival (tm)".  CT_Progressive   Nov-19-07 04:36 PM   #22 
  - Yeah, I paused when I saw that one too  NobleCynic   Nov-19-07 05:45 PM   #24 
  - they go well with asscarrots  L0oniX   Nov-19-07 08:22 PM   #31 
  - I find this somewhat unlikely. It's rare a Republican turns into a  Basileus Basileon   Nov-19-07 02:32 PM   #8 
  - well I really don't care what you think  Horse with no Name   Nov-19-07 02:46 PM   #12 
  - I do not recall saying that.  Basileus Basileon   Nov-19-07 02:59 PM   #14 
     - So why don't you just come out and call me a liar then?  Horse with no Name   Nov-19-07 03:33 PM   #18 
        - Because I didn't say that.  Basileus Basileon   Nov-19-07 04:34 PM   #21 
           - and I give 100% chance  Horse with no Name   Nov-19-07 04:53 PM   #23 
              - Edit: never mind.  Basileus Basileon   Nov-19-07 07:38 PM   #28 
  - Perhaps you have too low an opinion of the innate intelligence of the masses.  scarletwoman   Nov-19-07 06:49 PM   #27 
  - Some people are, yes. I don't doubt *all* the conversion stories.  Basileus Basileon   Nov-19-07 07:49 PM   #29 
     - I see that you exaggerate for effect: " would imply that three quarters of America had gone  scarletwoman   Nov-19-07 08:12 PM   #30 
        - Why, yes, I do. I would think that was an obvious rhetorical turn.  Basileus Basileon   Nov-19-07 08:33 PM   #32 
           - Since I have never once believed that I have seen such a definitive sample of internet anecdotes as  scarletwoman   Nov-19-07 08:58 PM   #35 
           - I was a Republican before 2000. I grew up in Mississippi. I believed in the Repub talking points.  Selatius   Nov-19-07 09:10 PM   #38 
           - No, I agree it is not impossible  Basileus Basileon   Nov-19-07 11:49 PM   #39 
           - 4. The Republican learned a lot in the last two years  treestar   Nov-19-07 09:03 PM   #37 
  - Hmmph  kenfrequed   Nov-20-07 11:55 AM   #41 
  - What happens if Kucininch wins the nomination?  Clark2008   Nov-19-07 02:35 PM   #9 
  - Everyone should vote for Kucinich to kick the shit out of the parasitic corporate elite.  Vincardog   Nov-19-07 02:37 PM   #11 
  - Ditto!  NoSheep   Nov-20-07 08:14 AM   #40 
  - corporate media fold like a tent? hell no, it would go at him like a stirred ant-hill  0rganism   Nov-19-07 03:37 PM   #19 
  - The cynic in me says some nutjob right winger will blow out Kucinich's brains all over his wife.  Selatius   Nov-19-07 09:03 PM   #36 
  - Go Dennis!  Vincardog   Nov-19-07 02:35 PM   #10 
  - Aks him how he now feels about people like Michael Moore,  Downtown Hound   Nov-19-07 02:47 PM   #13 
  - I agree  GeneCosta   Nov-19-07 03:21 PM   #15 
  - then they tickle you...  AngryAmish   Nov-19-07 03:22 PM   #16 
  - I wish someone would do an animation of Kucinich  Annces   Nov-19-07 03:24 PM   #17 
  - I love it! Several friends who voted for *  caseycoon   Nov-19-07 04:00 PM   #20 
  - except he is not a registered Democrat, is he?  hfojvt   Nov-19-07 05:49 PM   #25 
  - Damn I love to hear these stories. Dennis yes!  lonestarnot   Nov-19-07 06:38 PM   #26 
  - This suggests Dennis may have powers we don't know about.  Perry Logan   Nov-19-07 08:35 PM   #33 
  - Thank you.  BuyingThyme   Nov-19-07 08:38 PM   #34 

Home » Discuss » Archives » General Discussion (1/22-2007 thru 12/14/2010) Donate to DU

Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.1 Copyright 1997-2002
Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators

Important Notices: By participating on this discussion board, visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums are the opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.

Home  |  Discussion Forums  |  Journals |  Store  |  Donate

About DU  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy

Got a message for Democratic Underground? Click here to send us a message.

© 2001 - 2011 Democratic Underground, LLC