You are viewing an obsolete version of the DU website which is no longer supported by the Administrators. Visit The New DU.
Democratic Underground Latest Greatest Lobby Journals Search Options Help Login

Reply #3: How about contacting your senator or representative? [View All]

Printer-friendly format Printer-friendly format
Printer-friendly format Email this thread to a friend
Printer-friendly format Bookmark this thread
This topic is archived.
Home » Discuss » Archives » General Discussion (01/01/06 through 01/22/2007) Donate to DU
Metta Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Mon Mar-27-06 05:33 PM
Response to Original message
3. How about contacting your senator or representative?
It seems you just need to find someone who can say yes.
Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top
  -A student of mine needs some help dsc  Mar-27-06 05:30 PM   #0 
  - Wouldn't she have the same problem in a private school?  cynatnite   Mar-27-06 05:31 PM   #1 
  - she surely would  dsc   Mar-27-06 05:33 PM   #4 
  - is there a reason she can't apply for citizenship?  KyndCulture   Mar-27-06 05:32 PM   #2 
  - How about contacting your senator or representative?  Metta   Mar-27-06 05:33 PM   #3 
  - My representative is worthless  dsc   Mar-27-06 05:34 PM   #5 
     - If the feds can't help, maybe your state's rep can point you  Metta   Mar-27-06 05:37 PM   #10 
  - You might try my alma-mater Brevard College  libnnc   Mar-27-06 05:34 PM   #6 
  - I Don't Know Where You Live...  Tace   Mar-27-06 05:34 PM   #7 
  - perhaps guilford college would be willing to do something  ncrainbowgrrl   Mar-27-06 05:38 PM   #11 
  - Maybe contact an Immigration Rights Center  philosophie_en_rose   Mar-27-06 05:36 PM   #8 
  - Best bet would be to talk to an immigration lawyer, being  augie38   Mar-27-06 05:36 PM   #9 
  - Tell her to find a reputable immigration lawyer.  Cleita   Mar-27-06 05:38 PM   #12 
  - that could work too  dsc   Mar-27-06 05:41 PM   #14 
  - ouch, tough circumstances  Wickerman   Mar-27-06 05:40 PM   #13 
  - What she needs is a sponsor  Warpy   Mar-27-06 05:46 PM   #15 
  - thanks all I will look into all the suggestions  dsc   Mar-27-06 06:08 PM   #16 
  - Mmm-take scholarship money from an American citizen...  brmdp3123   Mar-27-06 06:10 PM   #17 
  - "Illegally."  LWolf   Mar-27-06 06:19 PM   #19 
  - If she is more deserving than the American why not  dsc   Mar-27-06 06:22 PM   #20 
  - What about her parents doing something?  Poppyseedman   Mar-27-06 06:15 PM   #18 

Home » Discuss » Archives » General Discussion (01/01/06 through 01/22/2007) Donate to DU

Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.1 Copyright 1997-2002
Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators

Important Notices: By participating on this discussion board, visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums are the opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.

Home  |  Discussion Forums  |  Journals |  Store  |  Donate

About DU  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy

Got a message for Democratic Underground? Click here to send us a message.

© 2001 - 2011 Democratic Underground, LLC