You are viewing an obsolete version of the DU website which is no longer supported by the Administrators. Visit The New DU.
Democratic Underground Latest Greatest Lobby Journals Search Options Help Login

Reply #1: get a passport if you must go through Canada [View All]

Printer-friendly format Printer-friendly format
Printer-friendly format Email this thread to a friend
Printer-friendly format Bookmark this thread
Home » Discuss » Places » Michigan Donate to DU
handmade34 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore Fri Jun-26-09 11:26 PM
Response to Original message
1. get a passport if you must go through Canada
I have made that trip dozens of times in the past(no passport needed then). (Just talking today about the number of times I've been to Niagara Falls) The last time, after 9/11, I had my young son with me and he had no ID -silly me. A nightmare ensued. We got stuck on the Canadian side for a couple of hours waiting for them to determine that I had kidnapped my own son. We then got turned back and were held on the Detroit side for a couple of hours waiting for them to determine that I had kidnapped my own son... I was upset, to say the least. As much as I hate the drive through Cleveland, it is better than getting stuck at the border. Good Luck, Happy trails!
Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
  -Drive from Michigan into Canada riverdale  Jun-26-09 09:53 PM   #0 
  - get a passport if you must go through Canada  handmade34   Jun-26-09 11:26 PM   #1 
  - You need a passport  1gobluedem   Jun-27-09 08:57 AM   #2 
  - You need a passport or an enhanced driver's license, which  SharonRB   Jun-27-09 10:25 AM   #3 
  - Enhanced Drivers License is cheaper if you live in Michigan.  sarcasmo   Jun-27-09 01:47 PM   #4 
  - Papers please...  cyborg1966   Jun-30-09 03:11 AM   #5 
  - What about prescriptions?  dmr   Jul-08-09 01:11 AM   #11 
  - They have the Passport Card at $60.  maddogesq   Jun-30-09 08:07 AM   #6 
  - I think the enhanced driver's license is $45  SharonRB   Jun-30-09 09:14 PM   #7 
     - This is correct.  GreenEyedLefty   Mar-16-11 07:40 PM   #14 
  - Going from Canada to the US via Windsor sucks  skipos   Jul-01-09 07:22 PM   #8 
  - Yes, the crossing at the Blue Water Bridge is far less stressful  1gobluedem   Jul-02-09 03:32 PM   #9 
  - I applied for and got my Cdn Passport. I understood  auntAgonist   Jul-04-09 08:24 AM   #10 
  - crossing into canada  a1phanum3ric   Mar-15-11 08:55 PM   #12 
  - I went to school in NY near Connecticut and I live in Detroit  Motown_Johnny   Mar-15-11 09:10 PM   #13 
  - We are Americans who live in Europe..  cyclezealot   Mar-19-11 02:43 PM   #15 
  - When I lived in Connecticut and would drive to my parents'  spartan61   Mar-20-11 10:01 PM   #16 

Home » Discuss » Places » Michigan Donate to DU

Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.1 Copyright 1997-2002
Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators

Important Notices: By participating on this discussion board, visitors agree to abide by the rules outlined on our Rules page. Messages posted on the Democratic Underground Discussion Forums are the opinions of the individuals who post them, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Democratic Underground, LLC.

Home  |  Discussion Forums  |  Journals |  Store  |  Donate

About DU  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy

Got a message for Democratic Underground? Click here to send us a message.

© 2001 - 2011 Democratic Underground, LLC