I showed this one because, first, I had a picture of it, and second, it cannot be confused with any other mushroom. If someone is going to eat wild mushrooms, it is good to start with an easy one. Plus, this is my favorite.
One problem with boletes is that there are some that are not very tasty, although I know of none that are really harmful. One is presumably a dangerous mushroom...which leads to cautions to avoid any bolete with orange/red pores (underside sponge-like area). Most are edible and a few are choice.