HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Fiscal Cliff Talks Center... » Reply #31
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Response to grahamhgreen (Reply #30)

Wed Dec 19, 2012, 03:04 AM

31. CBO also says Obamacare will cost twice as much as originally projected

Should we take that as gospel as well? My source is actual tax return date directly from the IRS.

But suppose you do take them as gospel. The government is racking up annual deficits of $1 trillion dollars. You're satisfied with taking in $70 billion each year to address that?

Actual IRS data disputes a comment made by the President in a TV interview. I always prefer to go to the source data. Based on that IRS data if we raised the rate on income above $200K to 46% instead of to 39% we'd raise $70 billion per year, or $700 billion over a decade. We'd raise enough to offset 6% of the annual deficit. Any ideas on how to address the other 94%?

The whole conversation is silly, and to suggest that it is an even remotely serious attempt at addressing the problem is laughable.

Reply to this post

Back to OP Alert abuse Link to post in-thread

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 35 replies Author Time Post
democrattotheend Dec 2012 OP
PoliticAverse Dec 2012 #1
democrattotheend Dec 2012 #6
freshwest Dec 2012 #2
John2 Dec 2012 #3
Myrina Dec 2012 #4
Dustlawyer Dec 2012 #5
grahamhgreen Dec 2012 #7
mostlyconfused Dec 2012 #12
grahamhgreen Dec 2012 #13
mostlyconfused Dec 2012 #14
grahamhgreen Dec 2012 #17
mostlyconfused Dec 2012 #15
grahamhgreen Dec 2012 #18
dkf Dec 2012 #26
grahamhgreen Dec 2012 #29
dkf Dec 2012 #34
plethoro Dec 2012 #8
JDPriestly Dec 2012 #9
olddad56 Dec 2012 #10
humbled_opinion Dec 2012 #11
mostlyconfused Dec 2012 #16
Redfairen Dec 2012 #19
grahamhgreen Dec 2012 #20
mostlyconfused Dec 2012 #21
grahamhgreen Dec 2012 #22
democrattotheend Dec 2012 #23
grahamhgreen Dec 2012 #24
mostlyconfused Dec 2012 #25
mostlyconfused Dec 2012 #27
mostlyconfused Dec 2012 #28
grahamhgreen Dec 2012 #30
LineLineLineLineLineLineNew Reply CBO also says Obamacare will cost twice as much as originally projected
mostlyconfused Dec 2012 #31
grahamhgreen Dec 2012 #32
mostlyconfused Dec 2012 #33
wordpix Dec 2012 #35
Please login to view edit histories.