In the discussion thread: Spain quip adds to Romney's foreign policy trouble [View all]
Response to trailmonkee (Original post)
Mon Oct 8, 2012, 08:40 PM
pampango (19,287 posts)
13. Juan Cole: Juan Cole: Top Ten Things Mitt Romney’s Ongoing War on Spain and Europe
So here are the top ten lessons we can draw from Romney’s ongoing War on Europe:
1. Mitt Romney is the least diplomatic politician in America, having by now managed to imply that the British might not be up to hosting the Olympics, that Russia is our Enemy No. 1, that the Palestinians do not exist, and that Spain’s economic woes come from budget deficits.
2. Romney doesn’t know anything about Europe’s economic crisis, since in fact Spain’s government ran lower deficits than most European countries in the run-up to the 2008 crisis.
3. Romney consistently tries to shift blame for any problem away from the private sector onto the government, even when this approach involves out-and-out falsehoods.
9. Romney only seems to trust ‘Anglo-Saxons.’:
It was what came next that shocked the world on Tuesday. Swain writes:
In remarks that may prompt accusations of racial insensitivity, one suggested that Mr Romney was better placed to understand the depth of ties between the two countries than Mr Obama, whose father was from Africa.
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
|Guy Whitey Corngood||Oct 2012||#2|
|central scrutinizer||Oct 2012||#6|
|Ghost Dog||Oct 2012||#22|
|marble falls||Oct 2012||#9|
|David Zephyr||Oct 2012||#11|
Juan Cole: Juan Cole: Top Ten Things Mitt Romney’s Ongoing War on Spain and Europe
|Ghost Dog||Oct 2012||#23|
|toby jo||Oct 2012||#16|
Please login to view edit histories.