21. His handlers will keep him from apologizing for anything
since that is so key to the RW base.
Previous attempts to talk about strategy and segmentation here have gone poorly but....
The reasons we don't like Romney are very different from the reasons that the RW base does not like Romney. The GOP primaries show exactly what the RW does not like about Romney:
- he is the father of Obama-care
- 2nd generation big government insider
- Romney is a moderate (or even "limosine liberal RINO") pretending to be a conservative
What the RW DOES like about Romney:
- he is white, real white, 1950s white
- he is perceived as a successful business man, eg. "rich" like they wanna be
- bullied a gay kid
- Liberals hate him
Ideally Romney gets hammered from the left and right but for the RW base the most effective damage to Mitt has already been done. I think we help Romney when we say simply that he is rich and has rich friends, but when the same angle is centered around Bain, vulture capitalism and job destruction it can work against Romney.