In the discussion thread: Here Come the Drone Wars in America -- The Public vs. Overzealous Police [View all]
Response to intaglio (Reply #13)
Tue Jul 23, 2013, 08:38 AM
Pholus (3,826 posts)
16. You, sir, would be the reason "tl;dr" was invented in the first place. :)
You use 500 words where 100 would do -- the very definition of bombast. And now my posts are doing the same thanks.
On rereading this in the light of day, I apologize -- my mocking you over your "Luddite" exposition means I escalated rather harshly and after that it was just too fun to keep barbing. But that hasn't stopped me from enjoying our exchange and I thank you.
We diverged greatly from my original intent which was to say that the well publicized arming of military drones means domestic law enforcement wants the same things and that comparing them to shop cameras is not fair until shop cameras also have the capability to activate weaponry. But at that point you made it too easy to want to debate details.
But a bit in parting because it's just too fun to pick...
1) 'analysed in depth on this board and the consensus was "fake".' -- Appeal to authority doesn't work without a reference.
2) Guess you hadn't thought of the Switchblade. As far as all your reasons it would be impractical, please share them with the U.S. Army so they stop wasting money on them.
3) The limitations of the quadrotor experiment were to demonstrate that piloting issues are a topic of active research. Again, you'd do well to point out why this is a waste of time.
4) Nope, it isn't the one that crashed.
So sorry my numbering scheme confused you. It wasn't helped by the absence of substantial content in your first three paragraphs!
In my experience, people who lecture me about how "privacy is dead so get over it" seem to end up being pervs or at least make their money from catering to pervs. Childish? Perhaps. But it is the most direct way to convey the sentiment.
Finally, "Locally it was gone 1 AM when I finished my last response; but I forget, where you are is the centre of the universe - and that is an insult." Ahhh, so can we spend some time trading barbs between Europe and the US then? Just kidding...
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
You, sir, would be the reason "tl;dr" was invented in the first place. :)
|The Straight Story||Jul 2013||#18|
|The Straight Story||Jul 2013||#23|
|Warren DeMontague||Jul 2013||#31|
|Warren DeMontague||Jul 2013||#33|
|Warren DeMontague||Jul 2013||#35|
Please login to view edit histories.