In the discussion thread: I honestly don't know what the hell is going on. Am I the only one? [View all]
Response to DonRedwood (Original post)
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 03:52 PM
Doctor_J (31,894 posts)
26. Pass the KoolAid please
1. The Republicans are losing.
Really? The president has offered to cut SS benefits, twice. Is that winning?
2. The Republicans war amongst themselves is careening out of control and is starting to leak into the press.
So is the Dems'. See Sanders and Harkin and the progressive caucus
4. Obama is partway through a chess match that I have not been able to figure out.
Yah, he's so smart that no one can figure it out. Edit: Don't be sad. Krugman can't figure it out either
5. Obama seems to be following out a well-planned strategy the results of which continue to push the Republicans farther and farther out on a limb just as they are busily sawing away at the limb they are sitting on.
A well-thought-out strategy that has changed three times in two weeks, thanks to begging from Dems in Congress and outrage among the voters.
6. Obama is winning...I just don't know what he is winning.
I think everyone agrees on this
7. The DU is swarming with very-thinly veiled hate towards the president.
I guess, if hating that a DEM president if offering completely uneccessary SS benefit cut = hate toward the president. Then yes.
8. Those right wing moles only come out in force like this on DU when they are trying like hell to undermine the President.
I am determined to undermine his attempt to cut benefits. Thankfully, so are a handful of real Dems in the Congress. I plead guilty, though if I am a right winger, then you as a "centrist" are probably a fascist. and why is it that when the president got trounced in 2010, we were, "the left" that didn't show up, but now we're right wing moles?
I do find the dance you're doing amusing though. "It's just in the newspaper - you can't believe it"..."He just said it to get the Repukes to react"..."He's offsetting the benefit cuts for the neediest"..."He never actually said that - Carney did"...
It sometimes makes me dizzy, but it's funny up until then.
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
|Divine Discontent||Dec 2012||#2|
|Divine Discontent||Dec 2012||#11|
|Bobbie Jo||Dec 2012||#14|
|Arkansas Granny||Dec 2012||#9|
Pass the KoolAid please
|Dirty Socialist||Dec 2012||#33|
Please login to view edit histories.