In the discussion thread: More republican whining: "It's mind boggling how Asians and Jews are a voting bloc for the Dems." [View all]
Response to apples and oranges (Original post)
Wed Nov 14, 2012, 06:28 PM
Xyzse (8,122 posts)
11. Me being Asian... My response to that is:
The Problem I have with the Republican Party in Bullet Points:
● Inability to process facts due to narrow-mindedness
● Inability to look at a situation with nuance, they get stuck with a mantra and stick with it, which goes back to bullet point 1.
● Inability to process view points that do not conform with their pre-existing ideas. Again, stuck with the narrow-mindedness.
● Inability to compromise, circa 2001. I blame Bush a great deal for this one.
● Inability to deal with Science in a meaningful manner. Science is a process, not a belief system.
● Inability to look beyond themselves and their brethren. Due to such a thing, they blew through the idea of enlightened self-interest.
● Dismissiveness in regards to those perceived lesser than themselves.
● Dismissiveness in regards to those who are different from themselves.
● Dismissiveness in regards to those with a different view point, and unwilling to look at the other point of view.
Issues I have a hard time with:
● Taxes - One must always be able to look at every single option and not dismiss it out of hand.
● Legislating Morality - There is a reason separation of church and state is imperative. America was the land of Religious Freedoms, not just Christianity. Issues regarding abortion, gay marriage, contraceptives and so forth should not be used as wedge issues to put a stopper on meaningful and needed legislation. I consider those issues as a way to stop something from passing.
● Safety Nets - There is a reason you need safety nets. It is so that people have the chance to become contributing members of society. Republicans seem to lose their humanity in regards to this, when they are dealing with someone who is not like them.
Basically, the Republican party has painted itself in to a corner, where they showcase ignorance, greed and stubbornness going beyond stupidity.
Until they come back from the cliff they full heartedly jumped over, this Independent can't look at them seriously.
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
|apples and oranges||Nov 2012||OP|
|Ian David||Nov 2012||#3|
|Warren DeMontague||Nov 2012||#4|
|PD Turk||Nov 2012||#7|
Me being Asian... My response to that is:
Please login to view edit histories.