Response to RandySF (Original post)
Sun Nov 11, 2012, 04:27 PM
alcibiades_mystery (32,872 posts)
12. Secession, but no free trade agreement...in fact, trade embargo
Here are the conditions for secession:
1) Secession will be announced 1 year in advance. All federal funds of any kind due to the seceding state will be used to relocate anybody who desires relocation back into the United States. If typical funds are insufficient for this purpose, funds of non-relocating individuals will be used.
2) The new nation-state is barred from receiving any US aid for 50 calendar years.
3) Effective 30 days after separation, all travel between the United States and the separated entity will be barred. No immigration or travel visas from the separated entity will be issued. Any citizen of the separated entity found within the borders of the United States and its territories will be deported immediately.
4) Any business entity formed in the United States but operating in the separated entity will have its business licenses dissolved 10 days after separation. US-based banks will be prohibited from doing business with any entity within the separated territory. No business formed or operating within the separated entity will be permitted to operate or trade within the United States or its territories, nor will any business operating within the separated entity have access to US capital markets. Trade with any business in the separated entity will be illegal, as will any visit to the separated entity by US citizens (on the model of Cuba).
5) No US currency of any kind will be sent to the separated entity. No US-based company will be allowed to trade for any currency developed by the separated entity.
6) Any federal prisoners held for crimes committed within the separated entity will be released immediately to the separated entity.
7) US military personnel from the separated entity will have 1 year prior to separation to redeclare their loyalty to the United States. Should they fail to do so, they will be dishonorably discharged from the United States military and transported at their own expense to the separated entity. Any military facility within the separated entity will be destroyed in its entirety and all movable inventory transferred back to United States territory. Any federal facility of any kind within the separated entity must be repatriated by the separation date.
8) Technology and weapons transfer to the separated entity will be strictly prohibited, since the separated entity is viewed as a possible hostile nation.
These seem like reasonable conditions for hostile nation states on or within our borders.
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
|Webster Green||Nov 2012||#7|
|Warren DeMontague||Nov 2012||#9|
|Ruby the Liberal||Nov 2012||#10|
Secession, but no free trade agreement...in fact, trade embargo
Please login to view edit histories.