HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Oh Boy! Secret Ryan Tape:... » Reply #37

Response to kpete (Original post)

Thu Sep 20, 2012, 11:06 PM

37. Reminds me of Bush's "ownership society." And then there was Bush's problem to put people

who had not previously qualified into their own homes (and mortgages).

Remember how that turned out?

Here is, according to Alternet, Ryan's statement:

I would like to have more people on our team who are owners and believers in the individualist capitalist system than on the other side, and if every worker in this country becomes an owner of real wealth, of seeing the fruits of their labor come and materialize for their benefit, then that’s that many more people in America who are not going to listen to likes of Dick Gephardt and Nancy Pelosi, Ted Kennedy, the collectivist, class warfare-breathing demagogues.

http://www.alternet.org/hot-news-views/paul-ryan-called-ending-social-security-speech-ayn-rand-fans

Remember when Bush spoke of the "ownership society." Remember when he wanted to privatize Social Security. Remember when Bush bragged about how many people were buying houses. It was an illusion. His idea of an ownership society means that 47% of us are owned by a small percentage of the other 53%.

Reply to this post

Back to OP Alert abuse Link to post in-thread

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 44 replies Author Time Post
kpete Sep 2012 OP
mr_hat Sep 2012 #1
tanyev Sep 2012 #2
whathehell Sep 2012 #3
geardaddy Sep 2012 #42
Ken Burch Sep 2012 #13
AzDar Sep 2012 #27
jsr Sep 2012 #4
Blue Idaho Sep 2012 #5
Vogon_Glory Sep 2012 #6
freshwest Sep 2012 #15
Vogon_Glory Sep 2012 #40
Barack_America Sep 2012 #7
rustydog Sep 2012 #8
Angry Dragon Sep 2012 #9
ibegurpard Sep 2012 #10
Aerows Sep 2012 #11
WinkyDink Sep 2012 #26
ck4829 Sep 2012 #12
porphyrian Sep 2012 #14
Zalatix Sep 2012 #16
Myrina Sep 2012 #17
RC Sep 2012 #18
WinkyDink Sep 2012 #19
fingrinn Sep 2012 #20
livetohike Sep 2012 #22
livetohike Sep 2012 #21
IDemo Sep 2012 #23
RevStPatrick Sep 2012 #24
Hestia Sep 2012 #25
Blanks Sep 2012 #39
elbloggoZY27 Sep 2012 #28
MADem Sep 2012 #29
Blue Meany Sep 2012 #30
reformist2 Sep 2012 #31
speedoo Sep 2012 #32
meow2u3 Sep 2012 #33
Omaha Steve Sep 2012 #34
socialist_n_TN Sep 2012 #35
cr8tvlde Sep 2012 #36
LineNew Reply Reminds me of Bush's "ownership society." And then there was Bush's problem to put people
JDPriestly Sep 2012 #37
JoeyT Sep 2012 #38
reformist2 Sep 2012 #41
duhneece Sep 2012 #43
Tx4obama Sep 2012 #44
Please login to view edit histories.