Wed Sep 19, 2012, 11:18 PM
TomCADem (6,832 posts)
Karl Rove and Corporate USA Could Make Jerry Sardusky Competitive As A Presidential Candidate
Last edited Wed Sep 19, 2012, 11:19 PM - Edit history (1)
With the amount of money and resources at his disposal, I think Karl Rove could even make Jerry Sardusky competitive in a Presidential race. Think about it.
1. You have Romney on track to gather most of his electoral votes from the South, which is heavily populated by the 47 percent who pays no income taxes that Romney so despises.
2. You have a cadre of billionaires and millionaires like the Koch brothers, Sheldon Adelson, and company throwing millions to defeat President Obama in order to save billions in taxes and tax breaks.
3. You have Christian Coalition types like Ralph Reed lining up millions of evangelical Christian votes to vote for the first ticket not to have one Evangelical Christian on the ticket.
4. You have Fox News and Rush Limbaugh controlling the right wing echo media, which creates this alternate universe where President Obama is a Muslim, Socialist, who was born in Kenya, and where the rich are rich by virtue of the moral and spiritual superiority and hard work. It is the 20th Century version of royalty by divine right where the poor are seen as morally inferior and deadbeats who are burden upon the society's elite. In this alternatve universe, Romney's 47 percent comments are hailed as some sort of rallying cry, rather than a gaffe of monumental proportions.
5. Look at the Bush tenure where Bush and company sold the Iraq war and trillions in tax cuts all the while being supported by folks who his policies directly harmed.
This is why I think the election will still be close. Karl Rove could probably even make Jerry Sardusky competitive given the resources and millions that he has at his disposal.
2 replies, 419 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Karl Rove and Corporate USA Could Make Jerry Sardusky Competitive As A Presidential Candidate (Original post)
Response to TomCADem (Original post)
Wed Sep 19, 2012, 11:31 PM
MrSlayer (22,143 posts)
2. I get your point but the dead girl, live boy rule comes in here.
He could make a dead cat viable but not a pedophile.
If we must do evil to prevent evil there is nothing worth saving.