Elizabeth Warren's Senate campaign is pouncing on fresh statements by Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) that he's a ;crystal clear vote against the Democrats' plan to preserve the Bush-era tax cuts just on income under $250,000.
Brown voted against the Senate Democrats' bill in July.
Brown has insisted he would vote only for extending the Bush tax cuts in their entirety, including those for the 2 percent of Americans earning more than $250,000. But Boston radio host Jim Braude still brought it up on Friday on his radio show, asking if Brown would reconsider at the last second if saving the tax breaks, which expire at the end of the year, for the other 98 percent of Americans were the only option available. Brown reaffirmed his opposition in no uncertain terms.
It's December 31 Braude posed the scenario. 'The only thing that is before you on the Bush tax cuts is an extension for people under $250,000, so you would be raising taxes
You'll vote no against it ; Braude pressed as Brown hedged a bit before finally answering.
Crystal clear. No, Brown said, contending that he was not going to be the candidate that's gonna be -- the first thing is raise your taxes
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." DWIGHT D EISENHOWER, speech April 16, 1953: