Let me get this right: one customer shoots another because the victim was "whiny" about not getting his pizza on time and a shoving matches ensued. The shooter then uses the "Stand Your Ground Law" as justification. I am surprised he was even arrested.
I thought this was an "Onion" article. Sadly, I was wrong.
FAA crash and mass shooting investigations often appear similar to me:
1. Both involve multiple investigating agencies.
2. Mass casualties are always present.
3. Survivors and first responders are often traumatized long after the event is over.
4. The site of the event is combed over for months after-wards.
5. Investigators want to know how it happened to prevent it from happening again.
How FAA investigations and Mass Shooting Investigations are different.
1. When the FAA finds a cause, faulty door latch, improper oxygen system, landing gear failure, etc. they identify and replace the part to a plane does not crash by the same cause again.
2. Mass shooting investigations search high and wide for a why, mental illness, video games, bullying, many different theories. The piece that is always found at a mass shooting is a FIREARM. OFTEN A FIREARM WITH A CAPACITY TO FIRE MANY ROUNDS IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.
3. So, despite the 180 or so mass shootings since Columbine the defective part continues to be found at every scene.
4. We as a people would never accept a lobbying organization preventing the elimination of defective parts from an aircraft. Apparently, our politicians accept it when it comes to murdering our children.
Among the tragic pictures and words of the past weekend was the article that reported that 31 "pro-gun" Senators refused to defend their position on Meet the Press. They cowered in their homes, I'm sure, waiting for the time and strategy and money to be delivered to them by the NRA. These cowards are all for the 2nd Amendment and care not about the implications of fully arming the population. The consequence of this decision is make schools, shopping malls, highways, and public spaces a shooting gallery.
In their official positions these poltroonish Senators never subject themselves to these same armed individuals. They erected a wall of security between themselves and John Q. Bushmaster. They have armed guards, metal detectors, and armored cars to make sure the 2nd Amendment Crazies never get to them. Of course, this leads these gun obsessed people people to attack where they will-this past Friday was an elementary school.
It is said that our wars would go away the minute we implement the draft because the politicos would never send their own children. Likewise, the 2nd Amendment would disappear when this hypocritical politicos are left exposed as the country's children were this weekend.
I propose if you are a NRA endorsed politician all of your security is to be withdrawn immediately and so you can openly embrace your beloved 2nd Amendment.
It has always been that parents were justifiably worried about having their older children join the armed forces and face danger in foreign lands. Today, parents are equally worried about sending their children to grade school to face an enemy armed and supported by local politicians and gun nut organizations.
The gun nuts always state the Second Amendment guarantees all the others. They could not be more wrong. Best I can tell, the gun nut's zealous pursuit of gun ownership yesterday denied 27 people all of their First Amendment Rights. To paraphrase Mr. Nader, the gun nuts have made our neighborhoods Unsafe at any Location. Fed up in my gun nut red state.
By the way, by the logic of the gun nuts, the country would be safer if everyone carried a gun. By that logic the world be safer if we armed everyone with nuclear weapons. I suppose then the NRA would be happy with a nuclear armed North Korea or Iran.
My deepest condolences to the families and friends of the shooting victims.
This article explains how the Rmoney campaign charged reporters over eight hundred dollars for a single campaign meal. A case of the per diem reporters riding on the one percent bus. An example of what would have happened to all us of 99 percenters if Rmoney had been elected.
Whenever I find myself in the unfortunate position of hearing anything about Reagan I do my best to ask the person if he or she remembers where, in all of these here United States, Reagan chose to give his first post convention speech in 1980. Uniformly they don't remember. That would be Philadelphia, Mississippi. Yes sir, the spot near which the civil rights workers were murdered in 1964. His theme, of course, was "States Rights."
As Rethug teabaggers try to strip away voting rights, LGBT rights, health care mandates, abortion rights, and apparently, today, the rights of the disabled in that Senate Vote, I always remember the hater political blood line of others who dare to be different, or less fortunate goes back a ways in time. Cold comfort, but a reality check.