Watched a documentary last night called "Waiting for Armageddon" which shows the evangelicals as we pretty much know they are...scary. The producers were not making a bad film but a rather non judgemental film.
I was especially taken back by the blatant attempts to fulfill bible prophecies and the need and desire to see them end our lives on this planet the sooner the better.
A couple of comments:
- they watch the news of the middle east with almost a joy... believing that it all has to take place for the Lord to come again
- they all believe the rapture is coming in their lifetime... some think within the next 5 years or so
- they laugh at the current use of the holy land... because it is theirs out course
- they hope for a bomb or earthquake to bring down the mosque currently on the temple mount
- they have their little kids believing in it... though in some cases bought very strongly
- they do not really care about this planet because God is going to create a new one after this search has been cleansed
Something I saw a while ago... was an attempt to take a stone to the temple mount to start the rebuild our the temple. Apparently after some reading, this happens all the time.
It just keeps driving home why religion has to go away especially since these people are influencing so much in our lives.