General Discussion: Primaries (Forum): About This Forum
Statement of Purpose
A forum for general discussion of the Democratic presidential primaries. Disruptive meta-discussion is forbidden.
Forum Hosts are regular DU members who meet certain eligibility requirements. Any DU member who meets these requirements may volunteer to serve as a Forum Host. If no Hosts are assigned to a particular forum, the DU Administrators serve as Hosts. Forum Hosts have one responsibility: They lock threads which they believe violate a forum's Statement of Purpose.
There is a maximum quota of 30 Hosts. Hosts cannot serve for more than 90 consecutive days and must maintain a 100% chance of serving on a jury.
Current forum Hosts, in the order they were added:
|10||Hassin Bin Sober||55|
|15||rhett o rick||47|
Currently there are no vacancies so additional volunteers must join the Wait List.
If you are interested in serving as a Forum Host, click here.
Host Super Powers
Forum Hosts have the following abilities in their assigned forums:
- Lock thread (Reason: Violates this forum's Statement of Purpose)
Locks a thread when the OP (Original Post -- the first post of a thread) is not on-topic for the forum. An automatic notification will be dropped into the OP explaining why the thread was locked. The thread can only be unlocked by the Host who locked it.
Statistics and Information
Type (Forum or Group): Forum
Relevance (Political or Non-political): Political
Status (Active or Pending): Active
RSS feed: /?com=rss&forum=1251
Primary Category: Main
Secondary Categories: N/A
Number of posts, 30 days: 16,477
Number of posts, All time: 426,843
Number of subscribers: Members cannot subscribe to forums.
Number of people trashing: 48
Created: N/A (This forum was created on a previous version of the DU software.)
No members are blocked from this forum.
About Forums and Groups
What is the difference between a forum and a group?
- Forums are created by the DU Administrators only.
- Forums are general interest, and permit a broad range of viewpoints. Disagreement is the norm in forums.
- Members may not subscribe to forums.
- Members may be blocked from a forum by the DU Administrators, but not by the forum hosts.
- Blocked members may not post in a forum -- but they are able to alert abuse in that forum. Only members who have posted in a particular forum may be blocked from that forum.
- Groups can be created by either the DU Administrators, or by regular DU members.
- Groups sometimes serve as safe havens for members who share similar viewpoints or interests.
- Members may subscribe to groups, and have them listed on their "My Subscriptions" page.
- Members may be blocked from a group by its hosts, or by the DU Administrators if no hosts are assigned.
- Blocked members may not post in a group or subscribe to that group -- but they are able to alert abuse in that group. Only members who have posted in a particular group may be blocked from that group.