New Mexico (Group): About This Group
Statement of Purpose
Yes, it's a U.S. state. Discuss all things New Mexico.
Group Hosts are assigned either by the DU Administrators, or by other Hosts of that group. Group Hosts have the following abilities: 1) They can lock threads which they believe violate the group's stated purpose; 2) they can pin threads to the top of the group; 3) they may completely block out members whom they believe are not adhering to the group's purpose; 4) they may add other members as group Hosts; and 5) they may remove any Host that became a Host after they did (and who is listed below their name on the list below).Currently there are no Hosts assigned to this group. If you would like to become a Host of this group, contact an Administrator.
Host Super Powers
Group Hosts have the following abilities in their assigned groups:
- Lock thread (Reason: Violates this forum's Statement of Purpose)
Locks a thread when the OP is not on-topic for the group. An automatic notification will be dropped into the OP explaining why the thread was locked. The thread can only be unlocked by the Host who locked it.
- Lock thread (Reason not specified)
Locks a thread for an unspecified reason. An automatic notification will be dropped into the OP, but no reason for the lock will be provided. The thread can only be unlocked by the Host who locked it.
- Pin & lock thread
Pins a thread to the top of the group and simultaneously locks it. An automatic notification will be dropped into the OP, but no reason for the lock will be provided. The thread can be unpinned by any Host, but can only be unlocked by the Host who locked it.
- Pin thread
Pins a thread to the top of the group, where it will remain until it is unpinned. The thread can be unpinned by any Host.
- Block a member from the group
Blocks a member from posting in the group. The member will be automatically notified by DU Mail. Members can be unblocked by any Host.
- Make a member a Host of the group
Creates a new group Host. The selected member will be automatically notified by DU Mail. Members can only be removed as a Host by Hosts who are listed above them in the hierarchy.
- Remove a Host of the group
Removes a Host. Hosts can only remove Hosts who are listed below them in the hierarchy
Statistics and Information
Type (Forum or Group): Group
Relevance (Political or Non-political): Political
Status (Active or Pending): Active
RSS feed: /?com=rss&forum=1067
Primary Category: U.S.
Secondary Categories: N/A
Number of posts, 30 days: 18
Number of posts, All time: 807
Number of subscribers: 24
Number of people trashing: 1
Created: N/A (This group was created on a previous version of the DU software.)
No members are blocked from this group.
About Forums and Groups
What is the difference between a forum and a group?
- Forums are created by the DU Administrators only.
- Forums are general interest, and permit a broad range of viewpoints. Disagreement is the norm in forums.
- Members may not subscribe to forums.
- Members may be blocked from a forum by the DU Administrators, but not by the forum hosts.
- Blocked members may not post in a forum -- but they are able to alert abuse in that forum. Only members who have posted in a particular forum may be blocked from that forum.
- Groups can be created by either the DU Administrators, or by regular DU members.
- Groups sometimes serve as safe havens for members who share similar viewpoints or interests.
- Members may subscribe to groups, and have them listed on their "My Subscriptions" page.
- Members may be blocked from a group by its hosts, or by the DU Administrators if no hosts are assigned.
- Blocked members may not post in a group or subscribe to that group -- but they are able to alert abuse in that group. Only members who have posted in a particular group may be blocked from that group.