HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Welcome & Help (Forum) » Thanks for the new forum
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue May 22, 2012, 01:15 PM

Thanks for the new forum

been here for what seems like the whole show. Not a huge poster but a constant reader and occaisonal poster.

This community has been and always will be top of my list of most visited sites,

By way of introduction, real name is Rich. Pretzel is a nickname I got way back when and has stuck. There's probably as many people where I grew up that only know me by Pretzel as they do Rich. But that's ok.

Grew up in the Pittsburgh area but have lived the last 30 years in the Philly suburbs. I work in the social services arena as a fiscal administrator and with each passing day I grow just a little angrier at our governor and him stooges.

Two grown kids of my own and 3 step kids. Just became a first time step granddad last week. It's kind of neat.

2 replies, 910 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Thanks for the new forum (Original post)
PRETZEL May 2012 OP
Skinner May 2012 #1
PRETZEL May 2012 #2

Response to PRETZEL (Original post)

Tue May 22, 2012, 01:20 PM

1. So "Pretzel" is your real-life nickname?

I always assumed it was a reference to the infamous George W. Bush pretzel incident.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Skinner (Reply #1)

Tue May 22, 2012, 01:25 PM

2. Yep

and my brothers nicknames which he still has (and we're going back at least 40 years) is Porky. It's just one of those things.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread