HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Welcome & Help (Forum) » New to you, how DU you DU...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Feb 24, 2013, 07:44 PM

New to you, how DU you DU?

A little poetry from an upstate NY Social Democrat who is married to a beautiful women and and we have two fantastic kids, a daughter and son. Looking to make a small contribution to the righting of our listing ship of state which has been traveling through some very troubled waters since the reign of ronnie ray-gun. nixon wasn't to good either, but at least 1) he resigned and 2) we got the EPA.

Topics of interest - ALL

5 replies, 1138 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply New to you, how DU you DU? (Original post)
DonB Feb 2013 OP
IrishAyes Feb 2013 #1
DonB Feb 2013 #4
cyberswede Feb 2013 #2
Rhiannon12866 Feb 2013 #3
hibbing Feb 2013 #5

Response to DonB (Original post)

Sun Feb 24, 2013, 10:52 PM

1. Welcome

You've come to the right (?) place.

Though I do wish we had a cross-through button, because then we could have all the fun of typing that word and marking through it before substituting a better word such as 'correct' or 'best'. One of my best firebrand liberal friends from a former website got to where he couldn't even bear the sight of that politically tinged word. He'd write it and then cross it out just for fun. I miss him, but his health deteriorated to the point where keeping tabs on two born trolls in our midst was too much stress. Then they started running rampant - very disrespectful of their host - and making the place miserable. I got tired of slamming them back and eventually voted with my feet.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to IrishAyes (Reply #1)

Mon Feb 25, 2013, 09:41 PM

4. Mom's maiden name was

Murphy and tanks for your right warm welcome. I understand your referencing of the "righting" of the ship in my post and, as you and your friend, suffer through some of the same qualms. Yet, because of what those bastards have done to the word liberal I will no longer feign when using right in the correct context. Instead, I will use the words that describe them most accurately, and in my opinion, right wing does not do the job.

To me there are a number of fascist parties in this country and they are represented by CONservatives, rethugliCONS, teabaggers, corporatists, and libercarelessians. There is really only one thing that they understand and that is people that openly express their contempt for their governing fascist-osophy because they know exactly what they are doing. For years they have tried to spread their political bullshit wrapped in reams of right wing and corporate think tank white papers and quasi intellectual fauxian media claptrap. They have fooled and bought a lot of people since before the reign of ronnie fay-gun, but it is now starting to fall apart and it is NOW the time to rise up and to bury these cults on the dustbin of history. I am so sick of hearing the media talk about what they have to do to save their fascist man cult - fuck that, throw them a god dam anvil! Hear that mika, start acting like a real woman as opposed to a battered wife?

In my opinion, they have taken politics to an uncivilized level. To these people it is all out war and they will not rest until the 47%, which really means the 98%, are subjugated and/or in debtors prison.

In closing this rant, May the road always rise up ta meet ya and may we meet at the barricades to banish the toxic politics that these bastards spew in their attempted destruction of our democracy.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 24, 2013, 11:50 PM

2. Welcome to DU

Cute poetic subject line.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 25, 2013, 12:13 AM

3. Welcome to DU, DonB!

It's great to have you with us!

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 26, 2013, 01:17 AM

5. Howdy DonB

Hi,
I hope you find some interesting places to peruse here and have some fun along the way.

Peace

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread