HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Welcome & Help (Forum) » Looking Forward to

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 07:04 PM

Looking Forward to

Further involvement at DU. I go by Tagish Charlie ( a character in Jack London stories), because I love the Arctic. I am a retired firefighter/paramedic and Coast Guard veteran. I am predominantly a liberal though I do have a couple innocuous conservative leanings. I have a Geography degree with an focus on paleoclimate and geomorphology. I find Teabaggers to be the most dangerous ideological group in America today, and believe the biggest roadblock to bipartisanship is te talking heads, from both sides of the aisle, even though I agree with people like Rachel Maddow. If I was given the "God Wand", we would all go to bed one night and the next morning there would be no fossil fuels, or fissile materials. Some radioactive decay would still exist but only for medical applications. It would not be as if fossil fuels never existed, it would be here today, gOne tomorrow.

3 replies, 886 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Looking Forward to (Original post)
Tagish_Charlie Feb 2013 OP
cyberswede Feb 2013 #1
Rhiannon12866 Feb 2013 #2
ellisonz Feb 2013 #3

Response to Tagish_Charlie (Original post)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:35 AM

1. Welcome to DU~!

I hope you have fun here.

Be sure to check out the various forums and groups - there's something for everyone (except creepy RWers, of course).

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Feb 18, 2013, 04:19 AM

2. Welcome to DU, Tagish_Charlie!

It's great to have you with us!

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 02:39 PM

3. Welcome to DU!

Check out the Environment and Energy forum if you haven't already found it: http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=forum&id=1127

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread